Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure for A-X RE-11s

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
conedog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire Pressure for A-X RE-11s

Going for my first attempt at a-xing my 05 coupe this sunday...In preparation for the scca rules changes i have stock size bridgestone RE-11s on the car...any advice on where to start on tire pressures...being a miata guy for a long time i was going to start with 34f...27r...any other suggestions would be appreciated...thanks in advance...asphault rough surface 50 second course...temps in the 50s...otherwise stock car...
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 PM
CONE RACER
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You might be a little too soft on the rear given the weight of the C6 and the RE-11 being a non-RFT. I run 30 to 31 on asphalt and it works very good. Depending on the track, I've also run them as much as 33 to make it a little easier to rotate the car on a tight course. 34 is too much.

I run 32 on the front. Lower than that and tire starts to feel a little "dull".

YMMV, but tire size and your alignment can both make a difference on how the tires respond and can make your settings slightly different. For the RE-11's, I'm running 275/35/18 fronts and 305/30/19 rears on coupe rims. I have -1.9 deg of camber on the front and -1.1 on the rear.

The RE-11 is a great choice. It's a very competitive tire. We run them on fun days (non points events) instead of the HoHo A6's. They are predictable and start talking to you before they let go. Interestingly enough, I find my best times with this tire are when I can keep them fairly quiet during the entire run. (The proverbial slow in / fast out - right??)

Hope that helps.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 PM
conedog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly what I was looking for...thanks a lot...I am waiting till next years events before I send it to my alignment shop...thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Pressure for A-X RE-11s

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure for A-X RE-11s