Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocross Videos. 11/2-3/2013.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Autocross Videos. 11/2-3/2013.

Practice at Auto Club Speedway. Brought the street tires again, so get ready for a slow run. I was happy with this run though.

Sunday I raced another SS Corvette. Total stock 04 Z06. I liked it a lot. 1st. in class. We did have Kumho V710's. I think we only used 150# of torque. The track was quite busy.

Steve A.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great driving, Steve, and gratz on yet another SS win.

BTW, I did a visual check of my rear suspension area after I got home from the practice, but then remembered I had a can of sunblock in my glovebox!
That may be what was making the mysterious thunking noise whenever I made the sharp transitions, since there seemed to be a bit of room for that can to move around in there.
Removed the can, but of course no way to test it until next practice, since no place for me to drive like that on the street...
See you in 3 weeks.
Q
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Hi Q,

You did some great laps too. Where's the video? I hope you found the noise problem. Things like that get frustrating. I have a PCA event before CSCC. I don't know why you don't go to those.

See you soon.

Steve
Old 11-06-2013, 12:43 AM
vette6500
Pro

Watch out, I watch all your videos as my self paced learning course.
With my ~70 more hp & stickier tires I think you just need to spot me 2~3 sec handicap instead of the 10 secs when you had your racer, lol.

From what I can tell, you position/angle your car to attack the next element earlier/more accurately than me.
I am a bit late/catching up on many of the elements instead of being in a position/angle to attack them.
You're also more aggressive with the throttle, staying in it longer, as well as getting back into it earlier.
None of this was apparent watching just my videos, but comparing to your video side by side helped me see and learn this time!
Thanks for continuing to create these videos, really good learning tool.

Here's my video. You can hear the thunks in the video whenever I make sharp transitions, def could have been the can being tossed left and right in the glovebox.

Be sure to post up your next PCA video early enough so I can study it before the 23rd practice.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Good observation. That track was quite difficult.

Steve
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
apexman
Racer

Nice! Nothing like video to look back a t what you did right or wrong. I hope to get out before the end of the yr. I like the idea of the practice with CSCC. Steve, does the practice coarse stay the same yr. round or does it change? If I can make any this yr. I may try either the CSCC practice or the PCA event. Hope to get out there soon.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

They change the practice course. Can you make this one? Still some openings. At the end of the year, it's easy to get in a practice. Not so much the first 8 months. So take an advantage now.
http://forums.solo2.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7549

Steve A.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 PM
apexman
Racer

Yes, that date should work for me. It was either that one or the PCA but the PCA fills up quick. Will have to try that one another time. Thanks and hope to see you there.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Videos. 11/2-3/2013.

Quick Reply: Autocross Videos. 11/2-3/2013.