Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tires for a Daily driven 500hp car.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Dange
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default what tires for a Daily driven 500hp car.

So, I have been doing alot of research into tires unfortunately most the threads are pretty old. and I was wondering seeing as most of you have been on all the current tires for a while what you all think.

some background info on the car and what i do with it: I have a C5 corvette, full boltons watermeth, ecs blower kit with a 3.2 pulley. probably getting a cam in the near future. and i currently have c6 z06 replicas but ill probably be getting rid of those soon i just dont like the look of them on my car.. It is a daily driven car. work/school and back, weekend fun runs and car meets, car shows, the occasional trackday, and the rare occasion i visit a dragstrip. I dont have the money to be replacing 300 dollar a piece tires every oilchange so id like to have them to last me at least a year. I live in southern az so im not concerned with much wet/snow traction either.

currently im looking at the nitto invo, hankook v12 evo, BFG KDW as the main choices, i looked at the Vredestein saw some great initial reviews but nothing after that, plus the fact they have such a rounded sidewall is a bit of a turnoff. (I hate the stretched look)

the nitto nt05, might be in the running depending how many miles people are seeing out of them. but i rarely see a solid answer from someone that isn't at the track every week.

previously I loved the falken azeni rt-615k on my last car, lasted around 18k on a 230whp miata. but i dont know if a 295/40-18 or a 315/40/18 would work on a c5 seems like way too much sidewall and they are downright expensive compared to the other options, and my other favorite tire the hankook ventus rs-3 only is offered in a 285/35/18
Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 AM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

More life less grip...less grip more spinning ... spinning = less life...for me I drive the car I need more grip..Its dangerouse not having grip breaking loose at speeds..

Quick Reply: what tires for a Daily driven 500hp car.