Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z Rims on C6? Would it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
ShaWING66
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5Z Rims on C6? Would it work?

I am thinking about using C5Z rims on my C6 for HPDEs. Part of the reason I would like to do this is for the tire options. Does anyone have experience with this? Best tire size? I have done a lot of research on matching tire sizes to make sure i dont mess up my traction control. I also assume that my TPMS will fit on the rims too. The rims are .5 inch wider so that is a bit of a plus. I really like the performance of the Hankook Ventus R-S3.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
redhot400
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey ShaWING66 ...

I ended up buying 4 - 10.5" C5 2001 thru 2004 ZO6 rears and run them on all four corners. I run 265 on the front and 305's on the rear and they work great with Toyo R888. NOTE: they will not turn lock to lock on the front without rubbing but for track use they work fine as you never turn the wheel that hard in either direction on the track. I've had four HDPE weekends on them thus far and I'm totally satisfied. I understand many vettes use the same setup. I'm also told you can run up to 305's square for track use. The set up I use will give you a bit of understeer but thats easier to recover from than oversteer if your new to the track and still developing your skills, at least thats what I've been told by the folks I listen to! Good Luck

Quick Reply: C5Z Rims on C6? Would it work?