Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Vote for 1
Yes, I would buy a bolt on Bellypan/Undertray for my C6
75.00%
Yes, I would buy a bolt on Splitter for my C6
25.00%
Both are too much hassle, no thanks.
0%
Other, I'll elaborate in my post.
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

C6 Undertray/Bellypan or Splitter, any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:07 AM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C6 Undertray/Bellypan or Splitter, any interest?

Assuming the price point was right, what is there more interest in? Undertray/bellypan, or a full splitter that is track ready, sticks out ~ 4",and you can stand on it to prove its strength.

The guy that built my bellyplan is looking to build more if there is interest. Making a splitter is another endeavor all together but if there is enough interest that too is an option. What is it worth to have a bolt on belly pan made of aluminum and can take a beating? What is it worth to have a bolt on splitter also made of aluminum?

The benefit of a belly pan for the C6 guys is many:
- Protects the underbody in the event of an off
- converts the base C6 to a front nose breather ala Z06, thereby eliminating some lift
- stops most of the air that otherwise would produce lift under the hood (the rest comes in through the nose)
- is an aero benefit in NASA without taking any points.
- Add a vented hood and you have drastically improved the front end bite, without the driveway/loading dilemmas and imminent damage from off track excursions.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Vote please
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted, most don't buy because of price… make it appealing and then make it for wide body cars too.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 AM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
I voted, most don't buy because of price… make it appealing and then make it for wide body cars too.
Thanks for voting and two great points, thanks! Clearly it has to be a quality piece, price is second. As far as widebody goes he will confirm as he fits this to different cars but the C6 Narrow body and a wide (Z06/GS/ZR1) are all almost identical when you look at the underbody as it relates to the splitter or undertray needs. The difference to fit a narrow body C6 vs a wide is measured in millimeters at the front of the front fenders. The prototype is built for a wide, and it may just be a second profile that is slightly narrowed at the rear in order accommodate a base C6,.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Undertray/Bellypan or Splitter, any interest?

Quick Reply: C6 Undertray/Bellypan or Splitter, any interest?