Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to PRI Show in Indy?

Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Default Anyone going to PRI Show in Indy?

Probably heading there for work...first time to go, hear it's a GREAT show. Anyone here going?

http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 766 Likes on 548 Posts

Used to go to the PRI show in Indy quite often. Great time, and lots to see. Planning on going back this next time assuming nothing screws up my schedule.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I thought this was in Miami? I was supposed to go in 2010 with my company, but we passed on it. It was definitely in Miami that year. I'm definitely going if it's in Indy...hell, that's 5hrs from me. Especially since the possibility I might not make SEMA this year, for the first time in years....I'm disgusted about it.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

PRI was in Orlando for the last few years, and is back up in Indy.

The convention floor is a sell out, we have a tentative booth in a side hall, but we are trying to decide if we are going to punt on that and just partner with another vendor in their booth on the main floor. Either way, we'll be there.

PRI is great, no spinners and underbody LED kits and euro turn signals, just hard core race parts
Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I will be attending PRI this year. Gearing up for SEMA right now though, should be a good time this year. The Optima ultimate street car challenge up at spring mountain on 11/9 should be a good show as well. Lots of killer cars this year.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Been attending both SEMA and PRI for 30 years or so.

PRI moved to Orlando because the Indy convention center wasn't big enough to hold all the vendors. Indy remodeled the convention center but the show had already out grown the remodel by the time it was done.

Tony Stewart started his trade show as a protest to try and draw vendors back to Indy.
So for a while we had 3 major shows.

Then the worst thing that could happen, did. SEMA bought the PRI show.
Struck an agreement with Tony Stewart and moved PRI back to Indy. So now we are right back to where we were, a show without room for all the vendors that want to come, and more than likely a foot of snow on the ground and freezing temps during the week we are there.

I'm sure SEMA has let a lot of the chrome doo dad crowd in for this year. It will be interesting to see............
Old 10-25-2013, 03:05 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Sounds like PRI for me this year! Thanks for the info Rookieracer...always good to know the inside facts...
Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

I was personally looking forward to PRI in Orlando...something about December in Indy....brrrr....I live in Texas, I like it warm! I noticed there's a bunch of walkways that connect the downtown hotels/buildings to the convention center, plan on using them! For those of you that are cigar smokers/scotch drinkers, I'll probably be at Nicky Blaine's (http://nickyblaines.com) every night, of course my wife my have different plans, but I love that place, right on the Monument Circle.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 766 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
Been attending both SEMA and PRI for 30 years or so.

PRI moved to Orlando because the Indy convention center wasn't big enough to hold all the vendors. Indy remodeled the convention center but the show had already out grown the remodel by the time it was done.

Tony Stewart started his trade show as a protest to try and draw vendors back to Indy.
So for a while we had 3 major shows.

Then the worst thing that could happen, did. SEMA bought the PRI show.
Struck an agreement with Tony Stewart and moved PRI back to Indy. So now we are right back to where we were, a show without room for all the vendors that want to come, and more than likely a foot of snow on the ground and freezing temps during the week we are there.

I'm sure SEMA has let a lot of the chrome doo dad crowd in for this year. It will be interesting to see............
Yeah, that is part of the Indy PRI experience.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

One year I took off from the shop at about 3pm. 10 hour drive no problem. Well the foot of snow slowed things down a ton. Ended up driving until about 5:30am and pulled into a hotel outside of indy. Knuckles were as white as the snow.

Indy is still the place for PRI in my mind. It's the crossroads of America.

Randy
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
One year I took off from the shop at about 3pm. 10 hour drive no problem. Well the foot of snow slowed things down a ton. Ended up driving until about 5:30am and pulled into a hotel outside of indy. Knuckles were as white as the snow.

Indy is still the place for PRI in my mind. It's the crossroads of America.

Randy
And this is why I'm flying and taking a cab downtown...if the wx conditions are too bad then I hope the flight diverts to the Bahamas...
Old 10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So now we are right back to where we were, a show without room for all the vendors that want to come
More or less the rumblings I've been hearing

Was the attendance when it was in Orlando +/- what it was at Indy? The convention hall in Orlando had the back 1/4 or so unfilled. Is the convention hall in Orlando bigger?

I'll take Orlando over Indy in Dec any day of the week.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

How big is PRI at Indy versus SEMA in terms of square footage, content, vendors, etc? Can anyone give me a breakdown?
Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes, I will be attending, both to thank the vendors who helped make my new engine a reality and to search for technology improvements I can use.

-
Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

I might be going. By the way, Indy's convention center has been worked on along with the football stadium. So it won't be quite the same old place as it was before.

http://constructoragc.construction.c...903-38_AGC.asp
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jason Staley
I might be going. By the way, Indy's convention center has been worked on along with the football stadium. So it won't be quite the same old place as it was before.
Yeah, but they are still turning vendors away due to lack of space, or telling them they have to have a smaller booth then what they had in Orlando.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Yeah, but they are still turning vendors away due to lack of space, or telling them they have to have a smaller booth then what they had in Orlando.
Yeah that sucks doesn't it. It still is less than half the size of Orlando's even after the expansion/remodel. Wonder how they got PRI back.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to PRI Show in Indy?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:05 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

It was a great show when it was in Orlando. They couldn't fill the facility though. Now they're turning vendors down. SEMA will screw this up. We all know that.

Richard Newton
Old 10-31-2013, 11:58 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Appreciate the help....thought someone would be so kind as to answer my question but....not so much.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RC000E
How big is PRI at Indy versus SEMA in terms of square footage, content, vendors, etc? Can anyone give me a breakdown?
PRI is smaller, but more quality vendors as far as hard core racing parts go. Not as much fuzzy dice, chrome nic nacs and useless super widgets.

PRI has always been my favorite of the two. If you can only attend one, PRI would be the one!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone going to PRI Show in Indy?