Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Place to try out race seats in Norcal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Place to try out race seats in Norcal?

Looking to move up from my stock C6 seats + Angelwings. Any obvious places in Norcal to go try some out?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Looking to move up from my stock C6 seats + Angelwings. Any obvious places in Norcal to go try some out?
Wine Country Motorsports at Sonoma Raceway has a pretty good selection to look at
Old 10-14-2013, 02:22 AM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

HPDE track days are sometimes useful; when you see a car equipped with a seat you are considering, you can ask the owner if you can sit and try it out. I find that much more useful than trying it in a store since you get to see/feel in the actual environment. BTW, that's how I decided on my current Kirkey seat.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a Sparco seat that I don't use anymore. It's expired for racing, but fine for hpde. Come and get it if you want it. It's a comfortable seat and I just kept it in the car even for street driving. You would have to find a bottom mount seat bracket. It's fairly large and easily fit me at 5'11" and 175. Otherwise, I would go to Wine Country at Sonoma. They tend to have sales in November.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:44 AM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thanks for the suggestions! I'll be up at Sonoma w/ Trackmasters next month, so I'll drop by Wine Country Motorsports.

Bill thanks for the offer. What model Sparco is it? I'm 5'7" and 160. My guess was that I would have to go with one of their smaller offerings.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:24 AM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Great thanks for the suggestions! I'll be up at Sonoma w/ Trackmasters next month, so I'll drop by Wine Country Motorsports.

Bill thanks for the offer. What model Sparco is it? I'm 5'7" and 160. My guess was that I would have to go with one of their smaller offerings.
Wine Country will have the most selection in one place. I was too tall in the body and too big for any they had. So I went with a RaceTech and never went back....love them!

Get notified of new replies

To Place to try out race seats in Norcal?

Quick Reply: Place to try out race seats in Norcal?