Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR OctoberFAST 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default VIR OctoberFAST 2013

I had the opportunity to join NASA at VIR this weekend, specifically Saturday Oct 12, 2013.

Unfortunately it rained most of the morning, so I got to experience my Hyperdrive on a wet track.

Anyway, photos from the event may be seen here.

I will be posting videos when I can.

Thanks to the great people at NASA and VIR for their professional presentation.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Unfortunately the weather at VIR did not cooperate with us this weekend. Friday was good and I only lost one session to the liquid sunshine. Saturday it was on and off all day, lost a session to the rain. Today was a total washout, raining as I woke up and it continued drizzeling all day. 400+ HP running slicks and rain do not mix. There was a lot of carnage, a silver C5 Z06 bought the wall hard as did numerous other racers.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Not much quality track time due to the weather, but I left with a NASA TT license and no marks on the car.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Going there tomorrow with Porsche. Club. Hope it clears up
Old 10-13-2013, 10:55 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Unfortunately the weather at VIR did not cooperate with us this weekend. Friday was good and I only lost one session to the liquid sunshine. Saturday it was on and off all day, lost a session to the rain. Today was a total washout, raining as I woke up and it continued drizzeling all day. 400+ HP running slicks and rain do not mix. There was a lot of carnage, a silver C5 Z06 bought the wall hard as did numerous other racers.
I was instructing in that Z06 .... Turn 6 bit us big time just one of those things that happens to the best of us. Good thing in damage seems to be limited to cosmetics (no frame or air bags) honestly looks like a fender / door skin / head lamp / junk under fender / bumper will take care of it. Driver had a good spirit and seems to be anxious to get it fixed and get back out (on a dry track)
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 AM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

I was there running in HPDE3 in the Cyber Gray ZR1. It was kind of hit or miss with the weather. On Sat I had one wet and 2 mostly dry sessions and on Sun the first was wet and the 2nd again mostly dry. I decided to skip the last session since it started to rain again.

Was the Silver C5 Z06 the car they were pulling out for the last HPDE 2 session?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 AM
trj3
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Enjoyed seeing Corvette hill! I raced SM but got to see a number of corvettes in track trim. In the process of buying seats, bar, belts,wheels....ect for my C5Z now. First track outing will be Carolinas PCA at VIR in November. Looking forward to seeing what one drives like on the track.....

Get notified of new replies

To VIR OctoberFAST 2013

Quick Reply: VIR OctoberFAST 2013