Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Needed: Plan of attack for my racing seats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:47 PM
jake07Z06
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Help Needed: Plan of attack for my racing seats.

I went by OG Racing today and sat in some seats, thanks to all of you DC area folks for pushing me that direction, they were just what I was looking for! The Sparco Evo II US was the most comfortable to sit in, however, the holes for the harness sit too low below my shoulders. The Evo II is on the snug side in my shoulders but the waist area is perfect as are the harness holes. The Evo II is not in any way uncomfortable, I think I'm just not used to having shoulder support in a seat.

So here is what I'm thinking:
Sparco Evo II's (not the US)
Brey Krause harness bar
G-Force 6 point harnesses

What I need to know is:
A) Will that harness bar work with those seats (since it has the braces that run to the floor)
B) Which seat mounts to use (side-fixed, I need them low)
C) A schooling on how to install the 6 points correctly and the hardware go with it. I don't really care about retaining the stock belts... maybe on the passenger side.

Y'all have been a great help so far. Any input, positive or negative, you may have on my potential setup will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jake

Last edited by jake07Z06; 10-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Cant advise on the harness bar.
For seat brackets contact Gary at Hardbar. I used his brackets on my Kirkey seat and they worked great. Top quality materials and design in this product. They are a bit pricey, but are the most adjustable out there. You can slam the seat all the way to the floor and adjust rake to what ever angle works best for you. They mount up to the stock 4 seat bolts for an easy installation and all needed seat to bracket mounting hardware is included !
The manufacturer will include instructions with the harness - follow them. If you are going to drive the car on the street you will need to reatain the existing factory belt. If you get stopped by a LEO, the harnesses are not DOT approved and will result in an expensive ticket if noticed.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

If you have a tall torso look into Cobra Suzuka Pro's narrow or wide depending on your hips. I like the narrow but that is with a 33" waist. I too found the Sparcos holes to low and way to low with a Hans device which you will want soon.

MTI Racing makes some nice brackets as does Hardbar.

Make sure you can tighten your lap belts while seated, my G-Force harnesses are a pain as the lap belts cant be configured for pull up. Will be changing out for https://www.schrothracing.com/competition soon.

Check the height of the harness bar vs your torso height and recomended angles, Brey Krause wasnt right for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Needed: Plan of attack for my racing seats.

Quick Reply: Help Needed: Plan of attack for my racing seats.