Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install a line lock? yes or no

Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Install a line lock? yes or no

I am about to redo the brake system of my 2002 Z06. I am doing pads rotors, lines, SS pistons speed bleeders and fluid. I also have a RSD line lock kit that I got in case I take the car to the strip. I have not taken yet and very well might get shown the door after the 1st run due to no roll bar. The question is should I install the line lock or not? Will it affect the use of the brakes in any way, just being installed inline.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They fail, and sometimes they fail closed, dragging or locking up the brakes. Given they are that screwy, I would never put one on a roadrace car. Just soak the rears well, dump the clutch in 2nd and immediately cover the brakes just hard enough to hold it. Oh yeah.. drag racing is lame

<--- reformed drag racer
Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryTX
Oh yeah.. drag racing is lame

<--- reformed drag racer
Haha! I have to say also that since I started road courses last year, my desire to return to the drag strip really doesn't exist.

Get notified of new replies

To Install a line lock? yes or no

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Install a line lock? yes or no