Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curtain type trailer ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
JUSTCRZN
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Curtain type trailer ??

I am looking for anyone with experience with a tow behind curtain trailer to haul their C-5 - C-6 vette. I am thinking it might be the best of both worlds, Easy to load & tie down and weather proof. Thanks for any info.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

If you are talking about a open trailer with a soft type of enclosure? I looked into them before buying a used enclosed trailer. And my concerns were, by the time you buy a open trailer and the enclosure, you have as much as a good used enclosed trailer. Also I don't think they will hold up as well from weather and elements over a long time as a enclosed trailer. There didn't seem to be any advantage in ease of loading. And the biggest reason was security. Other than covering the car, anyone can get into it with a knife or razor. Other than some weight savings I could not see any real advantages. Just my .02 JD
Old 07-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Don Keefhardt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the disadvantages of an open trailer, plus all the disadvantages of an enclosed trailer.

Skip.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy I have an enclosed trailer now. No more getting home from the track at 8pm, then having to unload the car off the open trailer when dead tired! just pull up, back it in, and go inside and have a beer!

Get notified of new replies

To Curtain type trailer ??

Quick Reply: Curtain type trailer ??