Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My AP front caliper setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
CTZoom
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My AP front caliper setup

Caliper is a CP5060, rotor is a DBA 355mm 5000 standard C6 Z06 rotor. Bracket was bespoke made to fit the car and caliper. Easily clears factory wheels. The longest race I do is 1hr so pad thickness is fine. I own the designs for the caliper dog bones should anyone be interested.

http://ctzoomracing.com/Images/index...rvette/vette65

http://ctzoomracing.com/Images/index...rvette/vette60

Last edited by CTZoom; 07-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM
mesospeedy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So these will work with any stock sized Z06/GS rotor then? What kind of pad selection is there for these calipers, I would need both street and track pads. Seems like a nice setup without going to a full big brake kit, if the price is decent.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:12 PM
CTZoom
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes - stock C6 Z06 355x32mm rotor and stock wheel - no spacer. This is a standard pad shape and a very popular sensibly priced racing caliper so you can pretty much get any compound you want. I have XP-20s on it at the moment and just ordered some Pagid RS29s for enduro racing. I used the 4 piston version if this caliper for years on my previous car and never had any issues at all with them.

The BBKs are mostly better. more rigid calipers anyway as the PBR corvette 6 potters are junk compared to AP, Brembo or Stoptech. Going from 355 to bigger rotors may increase your fulcrum and heat capacity which is good but they severely limit wheel choice and I personally would never use a spacer on a race car.

Get notified of new replies

To My AP front caliper setup

Quick Reply: My AP front caliper setup