Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels spacer/widened ome rims on C6...Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
stormgti
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheels spacer/widened ome rims on C6...Question

Front 10x18 ,275-35-18 A6 tires and for rear 11x19 ,315-30-19 also A6.What would be the right size spacers ,that I can also run my other set of factory size wheels after autocross and lapping events...Still looking for used set of CCW Corsair... Norm from Ottawa...
Old 06-07-2013, 02:02 PM
SteveC68
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you widened the stock wheels? I have been considering this because of the proposed rule change to the "stock" class in SCCA auto-x. One of the rule changes would allow a +/- 1" to wheel diameter. I did the math and on the C6 Z51 wheels adding 1.5" to the inside of a front 18x8.5 would give the correct offset to within 4mm. Stock also allows a wheel spacer as long as it puts the wheel within +/- 6mm of stock. So adding a 5mm wheel spacer yeilds a +1mm increase in track. Pretty much perfect for me. The other proposed change is to exclude R-compound tires from stock class (200 treadware minimum). Unfortunately there is only 1 tire in a 19" size that would be worth considering. So going down to an 18" rear really opens up the selection of tires. Who did you get to widen your wheels? Have you tracked them yet? What type of periodic inspection do you plan to do on the welds?

Let me know which wheels you widened and I'll tell you what your difference in offset is. I'm guessing you widened the Grand Sport wheels?

Quick Reply: Wheels spacer/widened ome rims on C6...Question