Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM
RoHo95
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Recommendations?

I need a tire for my c5 that'll last ~20k but costs under 1,100$. My priority being grip. I looked at Potenza Re11's for a while but for how much they cost i dont think they will last me long enough. Preferably non-runflat. I dont track the car but I do alot of 'spirited driving' and i would really enjoy confidence in my tires
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

if your priority is maximum grip you need to temper your tread life expectancy. Tires with grip levels of the RE11 typically do not last 20k miles as tire design is an exercise in compromise. To achieve extreme levels of grip tire life and wet traction are usually sacrificed. Add to that your self imposed budget and your tire selection all but, drys up.

all things being considered I think the RE11 is you best option in the OE C5 sizes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
RoHo95
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
if your priority is maximum grip you need to temper your tread life expectancy. Tires with grip levels of the RE11 typically do not last 20k miles as tire design is an exercise in compromise. To achieve extreme levels of grip tire life and wet traction are usually sacrificed. Add to that your self imposed budget and your tire selection all but, drys up.

all things being considered I think the RE11 is you best option in the OE C5 sizes
Yeah, I want the Re11's but im trying to be somewhat practical with my money and getting 20k miles is the bottom line that I think I can justify. So maybe the question should be: What is the grippiest C5 tire on Stock sizes that will last 20k miles
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 AM
efrenwyman
8th Gear

Tires are one of the most important parts for any vehicle. If you want to buy tire for your c5 then you should immediately consult with a famous automotive parts distributor or you can also purchase it by preferring websites that offers best quality and durable tires in affordable price.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM
RoHo95
Intermediate

I ended up going with BFG Sport Comp 2's. Good wear and good handling. The perfect compromise for me. Around 800 balanced and aligned. Not bad at all

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Recommendations?

Quick Reply: Tire Recommendations?