Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR SCCA National race 1 big bore group results

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 PM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Default VIR SCCA National race 1 big bore group results

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...SatRace_G3.pdf
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for posting this is helpful as I try better understand where my car would currently stack up in SCCA. You and a couple of others had given me some advice last weekend, I emailed the director of this region on Monday but have yet to hear back from him.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Tough day at the track for me, as a header broke on the second lap. After accessing the situation, it was determined that driving the car further would not damage things, so I ran enough laps to get an official "finish."

Car has been fixed, and we have made some substantial changes to the set up. I shaved 3.5 seconds off my Sunday race Q1 time, and those were "80%" laps, so we are moving in the right direction.

The biggest improvement I am seeing is with the driver. Things are "slowing down" for me when I am behind the wheel. Tha bodes well for me...

Now, off to Sunday's race.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM
bosco022
Drifting

Sunday's result

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...n_race_GP3.pdf

That Tommy Riggins built Falcon is a BAD machine.

Last edited by bosco022; 04-21-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,749 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Tough day at the track for me, as a header broke on the second lap. After accessing the situation, it was determined that driving the car further would not damage things, so I ran enough laps to get an official "finish."

Car has been fixed, and we have made some substantial changes to the set up. I shaved 3.5 seconds off my Sunday race Q1 time, and those were "80%" laps, so we are moving in the right direction.

The biggest improvement I am seeing is with the driver. Things are "slowing down" for me when I am behind the wheel. Tha bodes well for me...

David,

I was working across the way from VIR last week an did a walk through the paddock, Thursday afternoon but could not find you. Perhaps you were not there yet. Looks like things are coming together well for you and the new car!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kubs
David,

I was working across the way from VIR last week an did a walk through the paddock, Thursday afternoon but could not find you. Perhaps you were not there yet. Looks like things are coming together well for you and the new car!
I arrived late Thursday night.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Good job, David. A podium and only about a second off the Machavern Falcon and the 2012 Trans Am Champion.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bosco022
Good job, David. A podium and only about a second off the Machavern Falcon and the 2012 Trans Am Champion.
Still more work to do. I never really felt like I was pushing the car much, so I suspect there's quite a bit more speed in it. Heck, Tony Ave was running 47s at VIR in these cars a few eyars ago, maybe faster...
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Still more work to do. I never really felt like I was pushing the car much, so I suspect there's quite a bit more speed in it. Heck, Tony Ave was running 47s at VIR in these cars a few eyars ago, maybe faster...
In 2011 at VIR Grand Am, the quickest Daytona Prototype race lap was a high 46 by Joao Barbosa. Trans Am cars in the same range..... BAD ***! Love those cars.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bosco022
In 2011 at VIR Grand Am, the quickest Daytona Prototype race lap was a high 46 by Joao Barbosa. Trans Am cars in the same range..... BAD ***! Love those cars.
TA cars will be going faster yet. In 2014 the rules require/allow 18" rims (from the current 16"), which opens up several options for tires beyond the old-design Goodyears we are using now.

I fully expect TA/GT1 cars to be the fastest "door" cars in the world next year. That in itself it a huge marketing point to use in attracting new entries and drivers. With the merger of ALMS & Grand AM, there is going to be some displacement of drivers in pro/semi-pro road racing, and (IMO) when these people look at what a Trans Am car offers, especially for the amount of money, I think an healthy influx of new entries will occur.

I was pretty hard on myself about my past performance at both Sebring and VIR, but then realized I have less than 200 track miles in this car. Everyone I've been racing against has many. many years of experience...maybe I should go easier on me. It's coming, I am starting to feel confortable in the car, and things are slowing down mentally for me. I am actually looking forward to Trans Am Rounds 2 & 3 at Mosport and Lime Rock Park.

Get notified of new replies

To VIR SCCA National race 1 big bore group results

Quick Reply: VIR SCCA National race 1 big bore group results