Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Driver, ST2 Corvette, SU Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Default T1 Driver, ST2 Corvette, SU Racing

Over the winter, I had my ST2 corvette overhauled by TC Design in Milpitas, CA. They installed a new and improved cage because my old one was not up to safety specs. And we installed the LG Motorsports monoball bearings along with some moton shocks. WOW! What a difference these make. My car is so easy to control now and I've dropped seconds off my lap times from last year. My ST2 car is still running a stock LS6 engine from my 04 vette you see in my avatar. The car weighs in at 3200+ lbs. However, I'm able to hang with the SU cars in Norcal due to how well my car is setup. I'm in the process of installing the LG trans and diff coolers now that I'm racing the car more often (last year was mostly T1 racing).

Here are some HD videos of the car at Sonoma this year. The fast lap was on fresh tires, but the race was on heat cycled scrubs. I don't have any vids from Thunderhill, but we put the car on pole out of 5 SU cars with a 1:49.2 lap (I was on a 1:47 lap pace until I hit traffic in the last 2 turns before the final straight). We were winning that race until my unfortunate mistake and contact. Thanks to LG Motorsports, TC Design, Abel Chevrolet, and Hoosier Tires . This car will be heading to Miller in Sept. for the national race.

Fast Lap:

SU Race Part 1:

SU Race Part 2:

Last edited by redtopz; 04-18-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Bill for sharing. As usual, great driving.

Steve A.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice driving Bill. Always enjoy watching your races
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks guys. I wanted to mention a couple other things. First, thanks to Wolfe Vinyl for doing a great job on my wrap! Also, I took LG's advice and kept the stock rubber shock bushings in the rear when we installed their monoball control arm bearings. I remember there was a debate going on about that and I just wanted to say that I'm not having any issues with it and my car feels really good. I was going to swap them out to poly if I noticed any lack of grip, but I'm happy with them the way they are.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Let's see the new wrap.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 Driver, ST2 Corvette, SU Racing

Quick Reply: T1 Driver, ST2 Corvette, SU Racing