Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2nd HPDE event

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Default My 2nd HPDE event

I attended the PCA/BMW track day at PIR (Portland International Raceway) last Monday. This time I had Corbeau FX-1 Pro seats and 6-point harnesses. WOW! What a difference! My instructor even commented that I had more control and was carrying a lot more speed through the turns. I was able to stay on-line more and was consistently hitting 135 in the front straight and 120 in the back straight.

GAWD, this chit is addicting.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm jonesing to get on the track.. I can't wait..!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluefire
I attended the PCA/BMW track day at PIR (Portland International Raceway) last Monday. This time I had Corbeau FX-1 Pro seats and 6-point harnesses. WOW! What a difference! My instructor even commented that I had more control and was carrying a lot more speed through the turns. I was able to stay on-line more and was consistently hitting 135 in the front straight and 120 in the back straight.

The better you get the more fun it will become.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

If you're going to quit, do it now. You'll only get faster from here and thus begins the slippery slope. Sounds like it's already too late.

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
I know I'm jonesing to get on the track.. I can't wait..!!!!!
There was already a NASA event this month, May 4-5 is NASA's next. CECA sent out their schedule for the year too. I don't think the tracks ever really shut down. I don't keep track of SCCA though if you're one of those guys. . .
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the addiction ! The first rule is SEAT TIME + SEAT TIME + SEAT TIME before you start modding the car. The driver is the most important part of the equation.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The better you get, the more expensive it gets. Lol.

Have a great time and stay safe.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
The better you get, the more expensive it gets. Lol.

Have a great time and stay safe.

but that is part of the fun (for a while).
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Welcome to the dark side. The seat and harness show you are going about the mods the correct way. Before you do any kind of go fast mods, do yourself a great big time and money saving favor; talk to at least a dozen folks that have been driving your model car for several years on the track.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Welcome to the addiction ! The first rule is SEAT TIME + SEAT TIME + SEAT TIME before you start modding the car. The driver is the most important part of the equation.
Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Welcome to the dark side. The seat and harness show you are going about the mods the correct way. Before you do any kind of go fast mods, do yourself a great big time and money saving favor; talk to at least a dozen folks that have been driving your model car for several years on the track.
OOPS, Too late. I started modding the car a few years before I decided to track it. Literally, the only thing that is still stock on my car is the transmission. I'm now pushing 420 rwhp/392 rwtq.

At the beginning of my first time out last year my instructor drove my car to show me the correct line, flag stations, etc. When we were given the "go" sign to start he hit the gas and said "WOW, this thing is a f---ing beast.. You should really be in a Miata."

He's a great instructor. He insists that I touch every rumble strip at turn-in, apex, and track out. He is now starting to have me to go a little harder during track out.

I wanted a hobby for retirement. Of course, I couldn't find a cheap one.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

OOPS, Too late. I started modding the car a few years before I decided to track it.........:
Yeah, we all do. It is a case of 'do as I say' not 'as I do'. With that much more HP I do hope you have added extra coolers and bigger radiator.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Yeah, we all do. It is a case of 'do as I say' not 'as I do'. With that much more HP I do hope you have added extra coolers and bigger radiator.
I have an A4

I did add a 25-plate Setraub trans cooler. It helps quite a bit. Radiator is stock. The trans was at 205 at the end of my last (4th) session, the coolant was 195 .

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To My 2nd HPDE event

Quick Reply: My 2nd HPDE event