Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 bar bushing mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
JohnnyT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T1 bar bushing mounts

Hey fellas,

Just had a couple quick questions regarding the T1 swaybar bushings. I just picked up a set of used T1 bars and had to buy new bushings for them. I went with the VBP 27 and 38mm.

The rears have the frame mounts on them. The fronts do not. I assume the stock front frame mounts won't fit anymore (of course I could be wrong on that though), so how do they secure? Or do they just pressure fit against the frame?

Also, there wasn't any grease included (funny, it shows the grease in their online picture), so what's recommended?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Stock clamps work just put enough washers between them and the frame so the bar can turn by hand. anti sieze works good for greasing them
Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
Stock clamps work just put enough washers between them and the frame so the bar can turn by hand. anti sieze works good for greasing them

Stock clamps so long as the bushing has the correct diameter hole in it for the bar you use.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 PM
JohnnyT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks fellas, I'll give that a shot!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 PM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a used set on my C5 Z. I also got bushings from VBP. For the rear I used one washer on the top and none on the bottom. It was too loose with both washers on and too tight with no washers on. The fronts needed 3 washers each hole to keep from binding. That bushing is much larger than the stock.
I also used Lithium grease on the inside of the bushing per install instructions.
I'm trying them out at VIR in a few weeks. Let me know how you set your adjustable end links (if you are using GM T1 standard). I had mine screwed all the way down to fit perfectly in the control arm hole. I may play with that adjustment after I try it out. Let us know how you like them.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by DansBlkonBlkZ06
I just put a used set on my C5 Z. I also got bushings from VBP. For the rear I used one washer on the top and none on the bottom. It was too loose with both washers on and too tight with no washers on. The fronts needed 3 washers each hole to keep from binding. That bushing is much larger than the stock.
I also used Lithium grease on the inside of the bushing per install instructions.
I'm trying them out at VIR in a few weeks. Let me know how you set your adjustable end links (if you are using GM T1 standard). I had mine screwed all the way down to fit perfectly in the control arm hole. I may play with that adjustment after I try it out. Let us know how you like them.
The adjustable links are to "even out" the two sides. The whole bar will rotate up or down as needed to clear the control arm and anything else you may have in that space.

Although the links do effectively change the length of the bar which makes the whole assembly into a softer/harder bar, that difference is minor compared to just the stiffness of the bar.

Set one link so the whole bar clears everything (suspension loaded) then set the other so the bolt slides in with no bind.

Many guys use a solid link on one side and an adjustable on the other.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 bar bushing mounts

Quick Reply: T1 bar bushing mounts