Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM
tom grance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice soon

I have a interesting problem. My wheels are all 18" and purchasing new ones isn't possible at this time. To gain the one inch difference needed to keep the traction control happy I'm considering buying 275/35/18 for the front and 275/40/18 for the rear. These sizes are available with the current version of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. I can't wait much longer cause My old tires failed inspection at the end of last driving season. My old tires were all 275/35/18 and I have constant problems with the traction control. I don't race my 02 Vette and I try to avoid bad weather. Any feed back would be appricated

Tom
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

We would need to know the widths of your wheels to make any intelligent comments. Look at the tire specs to match appropriate tire width sizes to your rims (TireRack is very good about providing this info for the tires it sells). Use one of the calculators to compare tire circumferences (or again, TireRack's specs), such as this one:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
BTW, I don't think you need a full 1" differential to keep your electronics happy.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need advice soon