Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM
no vet yet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice

So here's the deal......

I purchased set of used C6 Z06 replica wheels off of ebay for a great price. They are C6 fitment that I planned on mounting to my C5 with some spacers on the rear.

I had the tires mounted today and the tire shop tells me the 2 of them are bent. One rear and one front. The rear was bent bad enough that it couldn't be balanced.

First question is: Why would the tire shop go ahead and mount tires without checking if the wheel is true or not? Can they not tell until they mount a tire?

Second question is: How shall I pursue some sort of justice for the misleading ebay seller? The exact words on the ad are: "All 4 rims are true and straight".

Now I have an additional $120 invested in getting the tires mounted. It'll cost me more having them dismounted if I reach an agreement with the ebay seller.

I understand that I'm taking a risk by purchasing wheels from ebay...not to mention replica wheels but the seller needs to be somewhat responsible for an untrue description.

I'm angry.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Need advice