Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every day a bit smarter

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Every day a bit smarter

I bought a 24' Pace Pursuit Monza in December of 2009.
Had many issues with sloppy wiring, Horribly undersized ramp flap hinge. Heat not wired up correctly etc. So it should not have surprised me when I was repacking the wheel bearings this past weekend. I was having trouble with one wheel as I tried to put it back on. The hub was turning and would not line up. I pulled the emergency brake switch so it would lock up and quit turning. I went back and pushed the wheel against the hub and it still turned. WTF that can't be. I tried the other wheel and it was locked up tight. Turns out it's not wired up correctly, NEVER worked. At least I had 3 others.
I feel like a dunce for not checking them when I first got the trailer. Stupid to assume that everything was correct. I sure wish I had bought a Hallmark.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You bought it new or used?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
johninar
Drifting

New. I had it custom built. Texas plant.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

I had a name brand enclosed trailer custom built in Michigan several years ago. The first couple times I used the trailer I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my brake controller adjusted correctly. I either had no brakes, or I was squealing/locking the wheels. One day I jacked the trailer up and spun the tires by hand while my dad hit the brake pedal. Found out that the a$$hole who was supposed to wire up the brakes only wired up one wheel. No effing wonder the brakes didn't work worth a $hit when I towed it home.

Traded that trailer off a few years later and bought a well known aluminum trailer. Had a few wiring problems with it and wrote the manufacturer. They didn't give a crap enough to reply back.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM
johninar
Drifting

Found the problem today! Now finish prepping car for Hallett next Saturday.
Bad crimp connector.

Get notified of new replies

To Every day a bit smarter

Quick Reply: Every day a bit smarter