Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 C4 Coupe Sparco Harness Bar install help

Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Default 95 C4 Coupe Sparco Harness Bar install help

My Sparco harness bar came without any type of instructions, can anyone help me besides the figure it out as I go way? Thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Bump
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried putting one of the Sparco harness bars in a 96 that I had....I too found the application difficult to understand. I tried multiple ways of fitting the bar and ultimately gave up on it and returned it. I then ordered a BreyKrause bar that fit perfectly....just an FYI
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SDF
I tried putting one of the Sparco harness bars in a 96 that I had....I too found the application difficult to understand. I tried multiple ways of fitting the bar and ultimately gave up on it and returned it. I then ordered a BreyKrause bar that fit perfectly....just an FYI
I am desperately searching for help! I have emailed Sparco and seller
Old 03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
rickcrickc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a Sparco harness bar in my '92. Mine came with no instructions either.
It turned out to be quite simple!

First mount the black angled brackets behind the seat belt retractors. You will be able to figure it out once the retractors are removed. The side with 2 holes faces outboard and the retractor bolt and pin should line up. The side with the single hole is in the back with the hole facing up.

Before tightening the retractor bolts, loosely install the eyebolts using the 3/8 bolts and nylock nuts for the vertical supports that come with the kit.

Remove the factory shoulder harness bolts.
The torx head bolts are replaced with the 7/16 bolts and spacers that are supplied.
The bolt and the flat washer goes through the plastic shoulder harness cover (hole needs to be made a bit larger first) then the factory shoulder harness bracket, then one spacer, then the harness bar(the brackets toward the center of the bar face down) , then another spacer, then into the threaded hole in the column.
Just snug the bolts for now.

After securing the ends of the bar,install the vertical supports
Each support has a left hand thread on one end and a right hand on the other. This is for adjusting the height of the bar.

After you are satisfied with the adjustments, tighten all the bolts.
When done tightening,the bar will be rigid and the factory shoulder harness will be free.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:46 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reviving a dead thread but does anyone know if their model fits early model 4's?
Old 11-24-2013, 01:33 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have a Sparco bar in my '87 and there are differences between early and late C4's. The shoulder belt mounting points have something like a 2" difference in width. That makes a difference in the bar length.

You may want to contact Speedware Motorsports in Redmond as they carry Sparco products.

I have a R-D Racing harness bar made for early C4's that I'm no longer using.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 C4 Coupe Sparco Harness Bar install help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 C4 Coupe Sparco Harness Bar install help