Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

David Pintaric, previous SCCA and NASA champion launches new Trans Am Series team

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Default David Pintaric, previous SCCA and NASA champion launches new Trans Am Series team

I though I would share this...

http://www.gotransam.com/latest-news...nches-new.html

David Pintaric, previous SCCA and NASA champion launches new Trans Am Series team

Miami, FL – February 14, 2013 – David Pintaric, a veteran champion in both SCCA and NASA, announced today that he will be joining the Trans Am Series with a new team for 2013. “I’m excited to join the likes of Simon Gregg, Tony Ave and Amy Ruman in the TA class with our new Corvette, and my team partner Rob Huffmaster will be racing the full season in Trans Am TA2 in a Camaro,” said Pintaric. “The Trans Am TA class is one of the most competitive and fastest series anywhere in the world, after three seasons in the STO SCCA class with a Viper, our team is ready to meet the challenge and commitment of running the full 2013 Trans Am season.”

Rounding out David’s new team is Rob Huffmaster in a TA2 Camaro. Huffmaster is the SCCA STU Gold 2012 National Champion and brings both youth and experience to the Trans Am TA2 class.

“Racing in Trans Am will be a whole new experience for me,” stated Huffmaster. “ My goals for this year include getting better as a driver, learn the series and in the second half of the season to begin competing for podium finishes. My first visit and first Trans Am race will be at Sebring. We’re anxious to get the season started.” Both David and Rob plan on competing for Rookie-of-the-Year honors in their respective classes.

One of the other new teams for 2013 is Rick Dittman and Jim Peruto. Dittman has competed in Trans Am off and on since 1977. Peruto recently set an open road world speed record in a Dodge Challenger. Both will be driving Corvettes in the TA class. In 2012, Trans Am experienced tremendous growth in both TA and TA2 classes.

“With new teams and drivers prepared to begin the 2013 season at Sebring, the first weekend in March, and a full slate of teams returning from last year, 2013 should provide some of the best sports car racing in North America,” commented John Clagett, Trans Am President.

About:

The Trans Am Series dates back to 1966. Throughout the years, some of the greatest names in motorsports have participated in the Trans Am Series. Backdating the Driver’s Championship to the inaugural season, 30 different drivers took titles, with multiple Championships being won by Paul Gentilozzi, Tommy Kendall, Mark Donohue, Scott Pruett, Wally Dallenback Jr, George Follmer, Peter Gregg, Horst Kwech, Scott Sharp, Bob Tullius, Tony Ave and Bob Stretch.

The iconic Trans Am Series – America’s Road Racing Series – is operated by the Trans Am Race Company, LLC. Through a five-year agreement, the Trans Am Race Company manages the marketing rights to the series and is responsible for Trans Am Series public relations and promotions. SCCA Pro Racing sanctions Trans Am events and provides event operations services to the series.

Posted on February 14, 2013 | Email Article | Print Article | Share Article →

Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
mbeckers
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Best of luck in your new venture!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Looking forward to following your TA season.

See ya at Sebring.

Best of Luck!

Last edited by bosco022; 02-15-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,722 Likes on 931 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I look forward to watching you David!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Hot Damn

Best of Luck David

Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

This is a bit overwhelming, signing up for a full season. But when I look at all the races I did in 2011 and 2012, each of those years were more events than what a full 2013 Trans Am series entails. I will also hit enough SCCA Majors to qualify for the 50th SCCA Run Offs...a wild horse will be needed to keep me from that event.

This Corvette I bought is sooo cool. I really need to hand to it Tony Ave and his gang. Beautifully designed and prepared car and a real blast to drive (and I really haven't stretched it legs yet).
Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratulations on a very nice ride, David.

How does Huffmaster fit in? You mentioned him as a teammate.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Falcon
How does Huffmaster fit in? You mentioned him as a teammate.
Round about story...

Towards the end of last year I knew I wanted to "move up." The first place to get my interest was Grand Am Continental Challenge GS with a Mustang. I needed co-driver, and my first choice was John Buttermore. I think the world of him and his family, and we get long pretty well. But he wasn't going to be driving a Ford.

One of my crew was trying to convince me to build a GS Camaro, but I had my eyes set on a Mustang. So I moved to the next best driver I knew and liked...Robby.

Well, we were sitting down mapping a plan at dinner one night, and my enthusiasm just wasn't there. Truthfully, a Mustang in GS trim just didn't excite me. One option I was considering was Trans Am. There was a TA Mustang for sale that had me interested. But that would leave Robby out.

Then Howe started displaying a TA2 Mustang. So I just said, at dinner, "heck with it, let's go with a two-Mustang team. One in Trans Am, another in TA2. I'll get both." You could have knocked Robby over with a feather.

Well, as things progressed it looked like Howe wasn't going to get the TA2 Mustang done in-time for Sebring. So we started scrambling for another option. There was this Trans Am Corvette available, and then a TA2 Howe Camaro popped up. A few phone calls, and few dollars transfered hands, and voila I now am a "team owner."

No, I wasn't drinking...

Truthfully, Robby is the nicest young man you could ever meet. And he is damned good behind the wheel of a car. This is my way of helping him in his quest to make a living racing cars. I am glad I am able to help him out.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:43 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Very cool. We have been at the track together a time or two, but never formally met. For that story alone, I will buy you a beer next time!

Good luck in the coming season!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great story. Best of luck!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
Very cool. We have been at the track together a time or two, but never formally met. For that story alone, I will buy you a beer next time!

Good luck in the coming season!
Thank you.

I should add that another driver I would have loved to team up with is our own Andrew Aquilante. He's another rising star. But at the time these decisions were being made, he was "spoken for" so to speak.

My dream is to one day put together a group like this with Robby, John, and Andrew and run the Rolex 24-hour of Daytona. But that's a BIG price tag! Oh, well, I just have to work harder...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Good luck David!

I have your event at VIR in Sept on my to-do list this year.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Get notified of new replies

To David Pintaric, previous SCCA and NASA champion launches new Trans Am Series team

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: David Pintaric, previous SCCA and NASA champion launches new Trans Am Series team