Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Wilwood Brakes

Installing new W6A-R BBK on C5Z. When I put the pads in and slid the pin back in and put the clips back on I didn't like the way they cliped in. Is there another clip that will fasten more securely? Has anyone had a clip come out? Will the clips hold up to the heat and stay in on Road Race like VIR, Summit Point, The Glen and other tracks.

Thanks Ron
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The clips hold just fine. You do need to make sure they are seated properly when installing them. I install them and then push the pin from the other side to see if they will pop out. I keep my other hand in place over the clip so if it does come out I can catch it. Small snap rings will also do the job. I have a bunch of them that will fit in case I lose one of the Wilwood clips at the track when changing pads. They tend to fly quite a distance at times.

Bill
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 AM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Bill,

Thanks for the information. I stopped last night before cracking the lines from the other calipers and putting fluid in the new ones just incase I even had the remote chance of returning them. I will buy the other rings and finish the install today.

Thanks
Ron
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had one fall out
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The clips hold just fine. You do need to make sure they are seated properly when installing them. I install them and then push the pin from the other side to see if they will pop out. I keep my other hand in place over the clip so if it does come out I can catch it. Small snap rings will also do the job. I have a bunch of them that will fit in case I lose one of the Wilwood clips at the track when changing pads. They tend to fly quite a distance at times.

Bill
Great brake setup. You'll love it and your wallet will too. I use the "c" clips and have never had a problem with them coming out.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Wilwood Brakes

Quick Reply: Wilwood Brakes