Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar Seat Rails

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Hardbar Seat Rails

I would like to post a notice that there are some counterfeit copies of the HARDBAR race seat rails out there on the market.
I learned the hard way. I received the so-called new HARDBAR mounts from a (Undisclosed) supplier. I did not like the fit and finish out of the box. When I tried to install the stud adaptors I found the threads were stripped on one and the machine work was not of the quality I would expect from HARDBAR. I then sent photos of the seat mounts to Gary Hoffman and he told me that they are copies . Luckily I returned the mounts for a refund from the supplier and then order directly from HARDBAR the replacements. The supplier did not know they were copies and was happy to give me a refund.
The HARDBAR rails with all the accessories are of top shelf, aerospace quality . If you are going to purchase seat mounts go directly to the HARDBAR web site to purchase to avoid making the same mistake I made.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
I would like to post a notice that there are some counterfeit copies of the HARDBAR race seat rails out there on the market.
I learned the hard way. I received the so-called new HARDBAR mounts from a (Undisclosed) supplier. I did not like the fit and finish out of the box. When I tried to install the stud adaptors I found the threads were stripped on one and the machine work was not of the quality I would expect from HARDBAR. I then sent photos of the seat mounts to Gary Hoffman and he told me that they are copies . Luckily I returned the mounts for a refund from the supplier and then order directly from HARDBAR the replacements. The supplier did not know they were copies and was happy to give me a refund.
The HARDBAR rails with all the accessories are of top shelf, aerospace quality . If you are going to purchase seat mounts go directly to the HARDBAR web site to purchase to avoid making the same mistake I made.
So where did the person / supplier you bought them from get them
from? He didn't find them on his door step did he? Or did he think Gary left him some as a present?

If the supplier has no answers he should be named here.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
So where did the person / supplier you bought them from get them
from? He didn't find them on his door step did he? Or did he think Gary left him some as a present?

If the supplier has no answers he should be named here.
Good question, but the point i want to make is do not make the same mistake I made. The you can tell if it is a Real HARDBAR if you look at the fit & finish . I did not do that.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
Good question, but the point i want to make is do not make the same mistake I made. The you can tell if it is a Real HARDBAR if you look at the fit & finish . I did not do that.
well I hope you ask the supplier and get back to us here. Where ever the problem was started it needs to be exposed. thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I am sure Gary would like to know who is coping his product and selling it as Hardbar. The supplier knows the answer. Now if supplier bought it from someone else second hand he should not have been charging you new prices.

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar Seat Rails

Quick Reply: Hardbar Seat Rails