Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Autocross video. 2/3/2013.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default A&A Corvette Autocross video. 2/3/2013.

First race this year with PCA. The track had a nice layout with a good mixture of elements. I drove my car in practice only. I decided to race a Porsche for the race. Unfortnetly I have no video of that. I also had Brian P. drive my car one lap to see how bad I really drive. As usual, he beats my time. .8 tenths. Can I be that good one day? I always think so, but it hasn't happened yet.

Me.

Brian.

Steve A.

Car is for sale. 17k. Reduced price.

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 02-05-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
slo_z28
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Car is for sale. 17k. Reduced price.
Bring the car out to Camarillo on 2/17, theres a private autocross we do, and I know Cris G has talked to you about buying your car before. I think this would be the perfect car for him, and he co-runs this thing. Worst case you still get a TON of runs at a badass autocross. PM me if interested.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by slo_z28
Bring the car out to Camarillo on 2/17, theres a private autocross we do, and I know Cris G has talked to you about buying your car before. I think this would be the perfect car for him, and he co-runs this thing.
I have an Autocross I'm going to that weekend. Chris didn't have the funds before. If he does now, he has my number. Do you have timing?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

First race this year with PCA. The track had a nice layout with a good mixture of elements. I drove my car in practice only. I decided to race a Porsche for the race. Unfortnetly I have no video of that. I also had Brian P. drive my car one lap to see how bad I really drive. As usual, he beats my time. .8 tenths. Can I be that good one day? I always think so, but it hasn't happened yet.
Clearly Brian was leaving a little time on the table not being used to that throttle, you were much smoother on the gas, but he was killing you in a number of those long left hand turns. He stayed nice and tight, while you washed out and added a lot of distance. Tighten up your line in those long turns - they are not fast, they are places to lose a lot of time.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
Clearly Brian was leaving a little time on the table not being used to that throttle, you were much smoother on the gas, but he was killing you in a number of those long left hand turns. He stayed nice and tight, while you washed out and added a lot of distance. Tighten up your line in those long turns - they are not fast, they are places to lose a lot of time.
Thanks Jason. Have you been racing?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Jason. Have you been racing?
While you were outside of ACS last month we were inside on the Roval. Just not enough hours to road race and Solo.

For the first time since 2010 I did take a few laps around an autox course in New Orleans just a couple weeks back, we were trying out the new BFG. Felt good to get back at it, made we want to go autocross. I thought about the PCA event, but hit Disneyland with the kid instead.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Disneyland sounds good. Leave the worries behind.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Autocross video. 2/3/2013.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Autocross video. 2/3/2013.