Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camping advice at laguna seca.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Camping advice at laguna seca.......

Mods, if this in the wrong place please move and sorry......

I'm looking at heading up to LS to watch the ALMS in early may. Now there will be a bit of a gang of us, maybe 8-10 folks in a couple of cars and a handful of bikes.

I've done the "actual" Le Mans in France many many times and always camped as the party atmosphere is amazing. Sleep not so amazing but that's the whole point!

This will be my first race in the USofA I've camped at and I'm unsure of the demand and protocol etc. if you don't have a camping ticket for Le Mans by 6 months to go then it gets very difficult to find one!

We'd be looking at getting an area of reasonable size to put the vehicles, a small tent each and probably a small gazebo with chairs and BBQ area etc.

So my question is this to the seasoned campaigners! Will we be able to turn up at the gate and achieve this or do we need to be reserving space in advance? Other than the premier sites can you reserve general camping area?

I know there is info on the website and I know I could call etc but I always find the guys who've done it know the ropes best.

Any tips or info greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Ritchie.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Alien
Mods, if this in the wrong place please move and sorry......

I'm looking at heading up to LS to watch the ALMS in early may. Now there will be a bit of a gang of us, maybe 8-10 folks in a couple of cars and a handful of bikes.

I've done the "actual" Le Mans in France many many times and always camped as the party atmosphere is amazing. Sleep not so amazing but that's the whole point!

This will be my first race in the USofA I've camped at and I'm unsure of the demand and protocol etc. if you don't have a camping ticket for Le Mans by 6 months to go then it gets very difficult to find one!

We'd be looking at getting an area of reasonable size to put the vehicles, a small tent each and probably a small gazebo with chairs and BBQ area etc.

So my question is this to the seasoned campaigners! Will we be able to turn up at the gate and achieve this or do we need to be reserving space in advance? Other than the premier sites can you reserve general camping area?

I know there is info on the website and I know I could call etc but I always find the guys who've done it know the ropes best.

Any tips or info greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Ritchie.
We have camped at the ALMS race at Laguna Seca for many years. We always camp in turn 5 in a large motorhome. The popular sites, like this where you can see the track from your site, are booked a year in advance. Although, last year the camp had some empty sites, but since we pay a year in advance, they may just have not come for some reason. There are other sites that are nearly as nice, actually nicer in terms of a site, but don't have a track view as well. When walking the sites recently, it seemed as if there were empty sites as well.

I think attendance at the Laguna ALMS has dropped over the years. However, I would DEFINITELY recommend calling in first to make sure space if available for you. There are some killer sites, but you would want to make sure. Also, there is a maximum number of cars/bikes you can get in there for sure...you best call on that as well.

Let me know if you have other questions.....
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/camping

Get notified of new replies

To Camping advice at laguna seca.......

Quick Reply: Camping advice at laguna seca.......