Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jake: Thought the rear looked familiar.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Default Jake: Thought the rear looked familiar.

Maybe this will change the opinion of the detractors who find the rear unacceptable if they see it from a different perspective.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

nope, still looks like crap. They could at least paint the plastic bottom half, looks like a first-gen Avalanche with all of the plastic!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
nope, still looks like crap. They could at least paint the plastic bottom half, looks like a first-gen Avalanche with all of the plastic!
Ouch!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

plastic = light I won't judge it totally till see it in person. Weakest point of the car so far from pictures. Lens distort views also.

Last edited by John Shiels; 01-16-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no idea what they were shooting for with this. Neither flowing nor edgy, functional or aesthetic???
Would have made a good Firebird - that's what the C7 logo looks like to me anyway.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

personally I'm so sick of all the dumb Jake crap. I hope the fad is passing and does not come back. That and the stupid tribal inspired car themes on the race car.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen soooo many pictures that have surfaced over the last few days from every possible angle and my first thought is the car looks great.. BUT.. I have to agree with David and I've said the exact same thing. I can get over the taillights but the lower half of the rear looks like crap. Should have kept all moulded smooth as one piece, painted all one colour.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe im just young but I love the back. I like it more than the front. Its unique and stands out from other supercars. I think it will withstand time. Im not to into the grey plastic but remember when the ss chevelles and stuff were coming out im sure all the old guys hated the square lines and the young guys loved them. Times change and ill prob be right there in another 30 years too when hover rice burners take the stage....
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Once I saw the tail lights, I never made it any further. Now that I have, it's more awful than I first thought. Corvettes will be called a Camaro or some clever derivation thereof from now until GM wakes up and changes the rear. You just shouldn't reach lower into your model line to update your top model. Has to be the other way around.

The criticism of the rear will not go away until GM relents. It didn't when Bangle butchered the 7 and 5 series BMWs. Hey, Coke made a mistake and saw the light. Hopefully GM will as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
personally I'm so sick of all the dumb Jake crap. I hope the fad is passing and does not come back. That and the stupid tribal inspired car themes on the race car.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 AM
986_C6
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah...after a few days of looking, I still can't make much of the rear end. It really shouldn't take this much time to identify something that is supposed to be good looking and to be on something as iconic as the Vette.

This is really the first time I am commenting on the C7, and it is WAY too busy!!!!!! There is not one identifiable design theme as you go from the front to side to rear of car. Such a shame!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Is it to late for them to Knock out a new mold for rear before it goes into production? They have to have a little of our money left. I wonder if we get some kind of tax payer discount on it, that would be nice.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Don't see any correlation to the Jake skull in the rear whatsoever, but a good eye if that is what you detect..... These are by far, my two most favorite Photo'chops and if this ever becomes an aftermarket option, I would be hard-pressed to pass it up..... However, I bought my new 2013 C6Z because the clean lines of the C6 appealed to me, even though the C7 renderings looked very tempting to wait it out. Either way, I made my decision and will live with it, without regret....and if I see a new C7 in person, I will envy that just as much as I envied a C5 and C6. I am in no rush to change anything "just because". The C7 looks great. A few areas I dislike, but that is exactly what I said about the C6 when it first hit the streets. If GM or any aftermarket company makes the following two photos a reality, I may be full on board.

My dislike with C7 are simply:
- the overall rear fascia look (just too busy)
- the many crease lines in the hood (not my style)
- the digital billboard on the IP (negotiable when seen)

These Photo'chops are impeccable. Great work and I do hope these become a reality.....

Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

nope, still looks like crap. !
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

I don't think it really looks much like the Camaro. The Camaro lights are shaped differently and the only similarity is there are 4 of them and the logo is centered over the license plate. The Camaro doesn't have the 4 cooling vents either.

I am going to reserve judgement on whether or not the rear quarter windows improve vision to the rear. The C5 and C6 had pretty good vision out of the rear hatch. These quarter panel windows sort of fit where the side of the hatch glass was located on the C5/C6 and look like they will reduce the amount of visibility.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 01-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Jake: Thought the rear looked familiar.

Quick Reply: Jake: Thought the rear looked familiar.