Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So many shock choices

Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM
heypal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default So many shock choices

So I have 5 more mod points I can use and stay in my current class. Shocks are only 5 points the rule is aftermarket shocks adj & non-adj (w/stock springs)+5. I think this is where I should spend my extra points its the only real thing that is 5 points everything else is 10+. So with all my choices out there I don't know what to choose. Now later on down the line I'll bump up a class with some a6's or something and throw on some t1 bars but I only want to buy shocks once. I was readying 04 shocks are good if they can be found, then there are JOC shocks, bilsteins, drm bilsteins...any and all advice is appreciated.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

In SCCA T1, now T2, I've just been using the GM Sachs non-adjustible T1 shocks tuned for the T1 suspension. I don't get enough track time to tune adjustible shocks (to justify their cost). I think the Sachs shocks work well and they are bolt-on without having to worry about setup.

Most of the top tier guys I race with go for the high-dollar triple adjustable Penske's - something like $5k for the car. Very good if you have the time to set them up for each venue. I don't, nor do I have $5k laying around...

Good luck!

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
heypal
Pro

Originally Posted by Subdriver
In SCCA T1, now T2, I've just been using the GM Sachs non-adjustible T1 shocks tuned for the T1 suspension. I don't get enough track time to tune adjustible shocks (to justify their cost). I think the Sachs shocks work well and they are bolt-on without having to worry about setup.

Most of the top tier guys I race with go for the high-dollar triple adjustable Penske's - something like $5k for the car. Very good if you have the time to set them up for each venue. I don't, nor do I have $5k laying around...

Good luck!
Nice yeah that's what I'm looking for something to throw on and make me look great out there lol. And wow at the 5k shocks I'm pass I'm competing on a budget. Thanks for the input have fun in t2 this year and kick some butt.

Last edited by heypal; 01-05-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:19 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I like the Pfadt Adjustable inverted shocks. I got them set in one track day and haven't changed them in a year.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
heypal
Pro

Cool, I'll take a look at those. Thank you.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the pfadt single adjustable coilovers as well. I put them on the suggested starting point and have their JOC sway bar set to medium. My car is dual purpose so you will want a stiffer setting, but they work well.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM
heypal
Pro

I wish I could do coil overs but that bumps me up a class, so I can only do shocks. Now when I switch to a slick then I'll go ahead and run coil overs . Thank you for the advice though.

Get notified of new replies

To So many shock choices

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So many shock choices