Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 SVT Superfest @ VIR -- SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration, May 24-26, 2013

Old 12-26-2012, 12:16 PM
03-246
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 SVT Superfest @ VIR -- SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration, May 24-26, 2013

ALL MAKES AND MODELS WELCOME!!!

SVT Superfest 2013
Virginia International Raceway
May 24-26, 2013 - Danville, VA

Three Days of Full Course at VIR…don’t miss the best HPDE weekend event of the year!

What is so important about May 24-26, 2013? This is the weekend the SCMC will be celebrating the SVT 20th Anniversary/2013 SVT Superfest. The event will be held at the world class facility of Virginia International Raceway in Danville, VA. It will be three days of open track on the full course, a SVT and Mustang show including all Fords, and a Saturday evening banquet with guest speaker. Other arrangements are being made for Special SVT vehicles to be in attendance. The SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration only comes around once in a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a historic event.

If you like to drive fast and not have to worry about getting a ticket, then the SCMC has something to ease your adrenaline pain. The Superfest includes three days on the 3.27 mile full course where you can reach speeds in excess of 140 mph all in a safe, controlled environment. Instructors will be available and you do not need any special equipment to run on track over the weekend. In the past, we had over 170 Mustangs on track at lunch doing parade laps and having a blast. There are no special requirements like helmets, harnesses, to do the laps, just simply obey the speed limits that are set for the event.

Every year we have some Ford/SVT pro drivers doing charity laps all day long, so you can pay to catch a ride and feel the excitement of going around the track at speed all the while making a donation to a worthy cause. Last year, it was for the Susan G Komen foundation.

For event sponsorship, please contact Tony Sorrentino at tony@svtcobraclub.com for details on how you can become a part of the 20th Anniversary Celebration.

Be sure to mark your calendars and save the date -- May 24-26, 2013.

For more information and registration details, please visit http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19018
Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Done a couple of these and really enjoyed them. Ford factory guys have been there a couple of times with cool stuff and the car show is pretty cool. Good crowd even though I come in a Z06. Hopefully I can make it again this year.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:49 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is the same group that runs at CMP ... regardless like running with the mustang guys always fun :-)
Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 AM
03-246
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our bow-tie brothers are alwasy welcome. I've been to several of their events over the past 5 years and in some cases it's almost a 50/50 split. You are all welcome!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03-246
Our bow-tie brothers are alwasy welcome. I've been to several of their events over the past 5 years and in some cases it's almost a 50/50 split. You are all welcome!
It is always fun .. I do find the in street trim the latest Mustangs are more track capable then a few years ago, it seems like they have a bit more HP and suspension tuning. I just have to keep an eye on my rear view as yall come knocking a little bit more often :-)

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 SVT Superfest @ VIR -- SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration, May 24-26, 2013

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 SVT Superfest @ VIR -- SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration, May 24-26, 2013