Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodies from the 25th Performance Racing Industry Show

Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
0Richard@M-World
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodies from the 25th Performance Racing Industry Show

Just wanted to share some of the latest and greatest products from PRI, one of racing products' biggest trade shows, this past weekend from Orlando. Enjoy!

AiM Racing Data Products

New MXL2 Dash Logger
Featuring dual colored high-contarst LCD screen, WiFi connectivity, full aluminum/glass finish

New EVO5 Data Logger
Evolution of the EVO4, featuring 2x motorsport connectors, 2x CAN connections, 8x analog inputs, standard SD card video/data recording

New G-Dash for EVO5

New GT Steering Wheel

New SmartyCam HD Racing Cameras
Featuring high definition video recording with data overlay, data logging, internal GPS/lap timer, full aluminum water proof construction

http://m-world.us/aim_smartycam.html

www.m-world.us
info@m-world.us
Old 12-03-2014, 11:01 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@M-World
Just wanted to share some of the latest and greatest products from PRI, one of racing products' biggest trade shows, this past weekend from Orlando. Enjoy!

AiM Racing Data Products

New MXL2 Dash Logger
Featuring dual colored high-contarst LCD screen, WiFi connectivity, full aluminum/glass finish

New EVO5 Data Logger
Evolution of the EVO4, featuring 2x motorsport connectors, 2x CAN connections, 8x analog inputs, standard SD card video/data recording

New G-Dash for EVO5

New GT Steering Wheel

New SmartyCam HD Racing Cameras
Featuring high definition video recording with data overlay, data logging, internal GPS/lap timer, full aluminum water proof construction

http://m-world.us/aim_smartycam.html

www.m-world.us
info@m-world.us
Richard
Does AIM have any mounts for the MXL2? I was thinking that it would mount nicely above the steering column blocking the speedo and tachometer.
What is a better camera of the two choices ?
If I wanted a brake pressure input as well as all the ECM inputs what other hardware is needed.
Gary
Old 12-03-2014, 12:46 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

wow that wheel is sweet
Old 12-03-2014, 12:49 PM
ratt_finkel
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure I get the point of having a display on the wheel. Hard to interpret anything if the wheel is upside down LOL.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
Not sure I get the point of having a display on the wheel. Hard to interpret anything if the wheel is upside down LOL.
Do you drive in circles?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
Richard
Does AIM have any mounts for the MXL2? I was thinking that it would mount nicely above the steering column blocking the speedo and tachometer.
What is a better camera of the two choices ?
If I wanted a brake pressure input as well as all the ECM inputs what other hardware is needed.
Gary
2 year old thread and Richard isn't a vendor any more.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryTX
2 year old thread and Richard isn't a vendor any more.
I was going to make the same comment on the age of this post. But I have to say that M-world has the best deals on the Internet on Smartycams. I just ordered a HDGP from them. I didn't know that they were a past CF vendor. I posted on here asking for the best price on a Smartycam and none of the vendors replied.....

Charley
Old 12-04-2014, 05:37 AM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Received 296 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
I was going to make the same comment on the age of this post. But I have to say that M-world has the best deals on the Internet on Smartycams. I just ordered a HDGP from them. I didn't know that they were a past CF vendor. I posted on here asking for the best price on a Smartycam and none of the vendors replied.....

Charley
I just checked M-World's site, and they seem to have the full list price on all AIM products, same as everyone else. Is there a different pricing group to use for them? They show SmartyCam at $999. Any places have AIM products at discounted prices?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

AIM has some new products which integrate the data logger and the display in the steering wheel.
http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/products-car/mxl2/index.htm

And to answer the question; most drivers aren't checking the gauges when the wheel is turned so the orientation isn't usually a problem.
Now, if you drive a Sprint Car, all bets are off!

Locke
Old 12-04-2014, 08:52 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by descartesfool
I just checked M-World's site, and they seem to have the full list price on all AIM products, same as everyone else. Is there a different pricing group to use for them? They show SmartyCam at $999. Any places have AIM products at discounted prices?
I have also been checking around on price and SERVICE. I have found that everyone is quoting list price. At this point it looks like Peter Krause has the best advice and experience on using the Aim systems for track HPDEs etc. Peter is a top shelf instructor/drivers coach.
I am dealing with him now on the new MXL2 system. He will give free shipping

I just talked to Peter . He is at Sebring setting up a AIM system. The new MXL2 has active GPS track map on the screen. He is going to let me know how it works after he gets the GPS antenna in place. This track map display feature is all new.
I think I am going to purchase the MXL2 with the SmartyCam bullet cam.

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 12-04-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: New news
Old 12-04-2014, 09:48 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Old Post! Good news is that PRI is next weekend in Indy! Cant wait!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by descartesfool
Yes, apparently AIM has a very tight control over the pricing. I haven't found anyone that will sell them for less...But, M-World gives you a free mount (either roll bar or suction) and they give you a microphone cable, which is ~$150 savings.

Charley
Old 12-04-2014, 01:10 PM
ratt_finkel
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you drive in circles?
Do you turn the wheel?
Old 03-05-2015, 02:47 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I have also been checking around on price and SERVICE. I have found that everyone is quoting list price. At this point it looks like Peter Krause has the best advice and experience on using the Aim systems for track HPDEs etc. Peter is a top shelf instructor/drivers coach.
I am dealing with him now on the new MXL2 system. He will give free shipping

I just talked to Peter . He is at Sebring setting up a AIM system. The new MXL2 has active GPS track map on the screen. He is going to let me know how it works after he gets the GPS antenna in place. This track map display feature is all new.
I think I am going to purchase the MXL2 with the SmartyCam bullet cam.
I purchased my MXL2 with SmartyCam HDGT from peter@peterkrause.net . He programed the MXL2 and marked the cables for extra channels for inputs for o2, brake pressure & fuel pressure that I added. I received an invitation from Peter for classes on using the AiM MXL2 system.
I have all the extra transmitters installed and cables lined up to connect to the system. I am having a mount fabricated for the MXL2 dash to mount above my steering column . I have also made up a plug connector to plug the MXL2 into the ECU port.
I paid list price with free shipping, free programing and free advice.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Has anyone done a write-up on adding a brake pressure sensor to a C6? Of course, my setup is different with a Solo DL and Smartycam HD so I don't know if I need to buy something else to hook the new input to.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:15 AM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Has anyone done a write-up on adding a brake pressure sensor to a C6? Of course, my setup is different with a Solo DL and Smartycam HD so I don't know if I need to buy something else to hook the new input to.
I added a 1/4" Swaglok SS T fitting SS 400-3TTF rated at 6500 psig in one of the tubes out of the master cylinder. The fitting has a 1/8" npt port for the pressure transmitter. The wiring output of the transmitter goes to one of the spare channels inputs on the MXL2. The pressure transmitter was supplied by Peter Krause along with the other AiM hardware for the system.
I almost purchased the Solo DL myself until I found out the limitations of mainly not being able to have a brake input. If anyone is interested I could take a photo.

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 03-06-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Goodies from the 25th Performance Racing Industry Show

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodies from the 25th Performance Racing Industry Show