Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo 365x34 BBK

Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
VENM
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo 365x34 BBK

Hello:
I am new to the board and am a new Z06 owner and have a brake question. I am wondering if anyone is running Brembo's 365x34mm kit and will they fit our stock front wheels with a spacer?
Thanks for any input!
Clay
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
ktlspider
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was recently browsing an Alcon site and saw they have templates for their kits.

Alcon Fitment Templates

My point is that maybe Brembo has a similar template that allows you to check your fitment?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
VENM
Heel & Toe

Tthank you. The template on Alcon's site is much more user friendly than the Brembo template. I did also get a template from StopTech. Are you thinking of purchasing the Alcon kit?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
ktlspider
Cruising

I was just doing some hunting on the net & came across the Alcon site- its new. I don't know that Alcon makes a C4 kit and that's what i'd need. Alcon kit looks like some really good stuff.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
VENM
Heel & Toe

alcon does make some really good kits. good luck with your search, i did check brembo and stoptech and neither has a kit for c4
Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 360 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ktlspider
I was just doing some hunting on the net & came across the Alcon site- its new. I don't know that Alcon makes a C4 kit and that's what i'd need. Alcon kit looks like some really good stuff.
I saw that as well.

I think that's Hoerr Racing's creation (same address in IN)

I assume they handle some/most of Alcon's US business.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:37 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

It would be easier to answer your question if we had more info, car, year and what you are
trying to accomplish? To help a little, the Brembo 365s will fit under and ZR1 19s and 20" wheels and the CCWs race and track wheels. JD
Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 AM
VENM
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JDIllon
It would be easier to answer your question if we had more info, car, year and what you are
trying to accomplish? To help a little, the Brembo 365s will fit under and ZR1 19s and 20" wheels and the CCWs race and track wheels. JD
I am doing a few mods to the car, one of them being a big brake kit. I have no interest in making the car a dedicated track only car, I want to use it occasionally on the street. My home track is Road America, and RA is really hard on brakes. Brembo recently has come out with a club racer kit in 365x34 and 350x34 with 345x28 rears and I was hoping that I could sneak the front stock wheels on the 365 kit with a spacer so I could occasionally run my stock wheels. I really like the 365 kit or even the 380 kit, I just don't want to have to spend another $4,000 on a street wheel/tire package in addition track wheels/tires.

my 350, 365 or 380 dilemma
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ktlspider
I went through the same pain about 2 years ago.

Not many C4 options out there unless you want to fab your own mounting brackets.

I ended up "settling" for the Wilwood SL6R. They were not the big boy (AP/Alcon, etc) brakes that I was looking for originally but in the end I was beyond impressed with how they performed on the C4. I beat the crap out of them with 315 R compounds on the front of a ~500hp C4 and they never performed any less than perfect.

As for the original question, I pretty much guarantee that any brake company has a template that they could get to you if you contact them.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by VENM
I am doing a few mods to the car, one of them being a big brake kit. I have no interest in making the car a dedicated track only car, I want to use it occasionally on the street. My home track is Road America, and RA is really hard on brakes. Brembo recently has come out with a club racer kit in 365x34 and 350x34 with 345x28 rears and I was hoping that I could sneak the front stock wheels on the 365 kit with a spacer so I could occasionally run my stock wheels. I really like the 365 kit or even the 380 kit, I just don't want to have to spend another $4,000 on a street wheel/tire package in addition track wheels/tires.

my 350, 365 or 380 dilemma
I don't know whether spacing the wheel outwards would help. The stock wheel may not be large enough in diameter. That Brembo kit is increasing the rotor radius by 5mm over the stock rotor. Is there 5 mm of clearance between your stock calipers and the barrel of your stock wheel? Especially, if a wheel weight is placed on the barrel where it could be hit by the caliper. The Brembo caliper may or may not be the same radial depth as the stock caliper so you would need to make measurements of the stock caliper to compare against the Brembo dimensions. I suspect the Brembo caliper is larger than the stock caliper in all directions so if you don't get a 5mm clearance between the barrel and the stock caliper with a wheel weight taped to it the Brembo will not fit under the wheel.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 11-17-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
ktlspider
Cruising

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
I went through the same pain about 2 years ago.

Not many C4 options out there unless you want to fab your own mounting brackets.

I ended up "settling" for the Wilwood SL6R. They were not the big boy (AP/Alcon, etc) brakes that I was looking for originally but in the end I was beyond impressed with how they performed on the C4. I beat the crap out of them with 315 R compounds on the front of a ~500hp C4 and they never performed any less than perfect.

Thanks for sharing that. I've seen Wilwood rotors used on some Porsche 911 grassroots GT race cars and they are solid quality. Sometimes I think Wilwood gets an unwarranted bad name for not making good stuff. Those days are over. They have come a long way over the years and the stuff they put out nowadays is pretty darn good.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I used to run the 355mm narrow annulus rotors with stock wheels and a very thin spacer. I've since gone to the 350x34 wide annulus rotors for better cooling but I haven't tried the stock wheels. I have to believe they would fit with the same spacer but no clue if they fit without one.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM
VENM
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I used to run the 355mm narrow annulus rotors with stock wheels and a very thin spacer. I've since gone to the 350x34 wide annulus rotors for better cooling but I haven't tried the stock wheels. I have to believe they would fit with the same spacer but no clue if they fit without one.
How's that 350x34 setup working? Brake torque? Durability? Brake fade?
I was planning on doing the Brembo 350x34 BBK just because I don't want all the wheel and tire hassles and.... The C6R runs a 14" kit
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VENM
How's that 350x34 setup working? Brake torque? Durability? Brake fade?
I was planning on doing the Brembo 350x34 BBK just because I don't want all the wheel and tire hassles and.... The C6R runs a 14" kit
They work phenomenally well. The 355mm setup worked well (no fade, good feel, etc.) but chewed up pads pretty quickly. The 350mm setup works just as well but seems like pad life is at least 2x and possibly 3-4x the 355mm setup. I know I'm getting 4 days on less than 1/2 pad but haven't measured them yet. Plus the pads are much cheaper for some reason.

The only downside is that my rotors did start to crack after 8 days which didn't happen with the old setup. Not sure if that was a fluke or from no break-in (put them on and went on track) but will see how this next set does. I do know that Brembo changed the rotor part number after my first set so maybe there was some change made.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 AM
VENM
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
They work phenomenally well. The 355mm setup worked well (no fade, good feel, etc.) but chewed up pads pretty quickly. The 350mm setup works just as well but seems like pad life is at least 2x and possibly 3-4x the 355mm setup. I know I'm getting 4 days on less than 1/2 pad but haven't measured them yet. Plus the pads are much cheaper for some reason.

The only downside is that my rotors did start to crack after 8 days which didn't happen with the old setup. Not sure if that was a fluke or from no break-in (put them on and went on track) but will see how this next set does. I do know that Brembo changed the rotor part number after my first set so maybe there was some change made.
Excellent feedback, thank you! Is this the kit you are running?
http://www.racetechnologies.com/prod...1382PieceDiscs
Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, that's it more or less. Since I already had the GT kit with 355mm narrow annulus rotors I just bought the new caliper brackets and rotors with hats to update to this kit.

If anyone is doing an update like I did a big thing to note is that the caliper brackets go on backwards with the wide annulus kit when compared to the way the narrow annulus brackets go on. Big thanks to Jason from Katech for helping me through that when I was swapping this out at VIR earlier this year.

Get notified of new replies

To Brembo 365x34 BBK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brembo 365x34 BBK