Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z Trans rebuild to stay in SCCA Stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM
justkickin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5Z Trans rebuild to stay in SCCA Stock

Well, my 1-2 started grinding late in the season so am thinking of getting the trans rebuilt in the Spring (it sleeps now and is not all that accessible). Wondering though if I can do upgrades like the Carbon synchros/blockers, billet keys, steel 3/4 fork, Bronze slider pads and stay in stock SCCA class for autox?

If so, what else should I do while we are in there?

If not, what can/should I do during the rebuild to stay in SCCA stock for autox?
Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Technically speaking, you have to rebuild it to the way it came from the factory... But... If things like rings and blockers have been supersceided with new and better parts and the old parts aren't available, then you can upgrade..

In reality, nobody really cares if you put a part in that doesn't provide a performance advantage. If you change a rear end ratio or change something that is visible on the outside you are toast. If it's just minor internal changes that save you some money because they don't wear out as often, and you don't tell anybody, nobody cares.

If it doesn't make a difference and it saves you money of time, just do it. If you were to get protested, you could claim that it wasn't a performance advantage and you would likely be admonished to put it back to stock, but you wouldn't likely get dq'd...

Quick Reply: C5Z Trans rebuild to stay in SCCA Stock