Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C belt comes off at track?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Z06TWT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A/C belt comes off at track?

So I am at RA and lift the hood on my third session only to find that the a/c belt has jumped off AND is not broken, plus my main serpentine belt has lost its outside (front) rib but is still on correctly. Riddle me this....how does the a/c belt jump off without breaking and the main belt tears but is still in place?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

How old are the belts ? Have you carefully checked the pulley alignment and tensioner condition. Check the harmonic balancer for separation and wobble. Have never heard of an AC belt coming off before. I once had a main serpentine belt that would walk itself off the pulleys 2 ribs during a run session. Checked alignment of all pulleys and everything was fine. Replaced the belt and it has not happened again.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Check to make sure you crank pulley isn't coming loose or starting to fail and wobble excessively. All the OEM ones wobble a little so don't expect it to be 100% true.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C belt comes off at track?

Quick Reply: A/C belt comes off at track?