Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monza F1 blackout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Monza F1 blackout?

Watched quali on dvr & crawl said there could be a black out of the race tomorrow.

WTF?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Are you sure they said blackout? On the F1 site there is a story about "McLaren Lockout of the front row". I didn't hear anything on the broadcast about a blackout....but, I could have missed it.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Pretty sure, it scrolled across the bottom once during the quali show. We'll see, maybe it's a Euro thing?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Since the crawl is created and provided by Speed, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that they would report on a blackout of the race in Europe. It's 100% unlikely that Speed will blackout the race to you and I since they have a contract with Bernie to show it and since they are paying those three guys anyway and all they have to do is run the live "Bernie feed" from the satellite...

My guess is that they were referring to Canada. Lots of Canadian F1 fans prefer the Speed coverage to the annoyance of the Canadian source (I forget who provides it) so Speed blacks out their feed to Canada and they do mention it every now and then.

Just a guess, though. We watched the qualifying but I completely tune out the crawl so I didn't see it.

Since you DVRd it, go back and find it

Z//
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Since the crawl is created and provided by Speed, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that they would report on a blackout of the race in Europe. It's 100% unlikely that Speed will blackout the race to you and I since they have a contract with Bernie to show it and since they are paying those three guys anyway and all they have to do is run the live "Bernie feed" from the satellite...

My guess is that they were referring to Canada. Lots of Canadian F1 fans prefer the Speed coverage to the annoyance of the Canadian source (I forget who provides it) so Speed blacks out their feed to Canada and they do mention it every now and then.

Just a guess, though. We watched the qualifying but I completely tune out the crawl so I didn't see it.

Since you DVRd it, go back and find it

Z//
You are hopefully correct. I deleted it after I watched it. It did seem very subdued as the color guys observed, when Ham, But & Mas took the podium.

Do you like the new celeb interview format after the race? Everyone seemed so "stiff" at Spa, except KImi who seem himself.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by froggy47
It did seem very subdued as the color guys observed, when Ham, But & Mas took the podium.
That was very strange. Maybe it's because it's not nearly so much work to qualiy at Monza. It was like thay all had mono

Do you like the new celeb interview format after the race? Everyone seemed so "stiff" at Spa, except KImi who seem himself.
Don't like it one bit. Whoever thought that up needs a smack in the head.

re: Kimi

After last week's race one of the commentators at planetf1.com had this to say about Kimi. We laughed
"It was another great race for Kimi, not that you could tell what sort of race it was from his post-race demeanour. There is a degree of autism in his behaviour. The lack of eye contact, the discomfort of face-to-face interviews, the failure to see the need for an answer to what is a blindingly obvious question is all part of it."

http://planetf1.com/race-features/80...ers-Belgian-GP
Edit: I went back and looked at our DVRd qualifying session and yes, that's Speed's standard bit about blacking out Canada. They've been doing that for years now.

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 09-09-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Recorded fine, I guess the reference was to a blackout in some other country. Perez impressive, wish Massa had podiumed.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by froggy47
Recorded fine, I guess the reference was to a blackout in some other country.
Canada for sure and maybe Mexico.

Perez impressive
That was Sauber's plan for him from the beginning. Worked out pretty nicely, too.

wish Massa had podiumed.
I agree 100% That would have been very cool for him to be on the (insane) podium. Running that kind of race tactic and making it work (aka racecraft) will carry him up the ladder-of-teams quite nicely.

Pretty good race.

Z//
Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Canada for sure and maybe Mexico.

That was Sauber's plan for him from the beginning. Worked out pretty nicely, too.

I agree 100% That would have been very cool for him to be on the (insane) podium. Running that kind of race tactic and making it work (aka racecraft) will carry him up the ladder-of-teams quite nicely.

Pretty good race.

Z//
I think I'll watch it again.

Get notified of new replies

To Monza F1 blackout?

Quick Reply: Monza F1 blackout?