Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life Cycle of Hoosier A6's Running in TT

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Life Cycle of Hoosier A6's Running in TT

Wow.... this year has been rough on the wallet buying Hoosier A6's with a new set every weekend

What kind of use are you getting on a new set of A's..... Lap times seem to drop after the 2 or 3 sessions (at 12-15 minutes each) hard driving and are no longer competitive at all after 5-6 sessions. Is it me or is this typical? Seems that I was getting more out of the tires last year or maybe I just expect more out of them now

TIRE MANAGEMENT-

Thought about making the first 2 sessions on Saturday with new stickers then switching to scrubs for the PM runs to get the seat time then putting the better tires back on for the Sunday runs.... How do you handle your tires and stay competitive?

G
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman57
Wow.... this year has been rough on the wallet buying Hoosier A6's with a new set every weekend

What kind of use are you getting on a new set of A's..... Lap times seem to drop after the 2 or 3 sessions (at 12-15 minutes each) hard driving and are no longer competitive at all after 5-6 sessions. Is it me or is this typical? Seems that I was getting more out of the tires last year or maybe I just expect more out of them now

TIRE MANAGEMENT-

Thought about making the first 2 sessions on Saturday with new stickers then switching to scrubs for the PM runs to get the seat time then putting the better tires back on for the Sunday runs.... How do you handle your tires and stay competitive?

G

I run with scrubs in the morning practice session to get warmed up. And only put the "good tires" on for the money run. I usually only do 2-3 laps after that you usually get caught up in traffic. I can get 2-3 weekends out of a set of tires by only running the good tires for a few laps.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Do you run at the front, middle or back of the pack?

I use R6's, but I'm in the back/middle of the pack.
THey last 10 weekends give or take.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaa1992
Do you run at the front, middle or back of the pack?

I use R6's, but I'm in the back/middle of the pack.
THey last 10 weekends give or take.
Most of the time I'm in the top 3 of my ttu group unless we have a real hot shoe

R6's won't do the trick.... I've tried. They last longer but are not as fast of tire as the A's
Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the SE TT vette guys run at most 2-3 hard laps on their A6's and then they pull off. They also sometimes don't run the last session or two of the day. I'm sure they get 3-4 good events out of them... unless its at a track really hard on tires (CMP).

Get notified of new replies

To Life Cycle of Hoosier A6's Running in TT

Quick Reply: Life Cycle of Hoosier A6's Running in TT