Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Race Engineering announces Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 Suspension Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pfadt Race Engineering announces Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 Suspension Package

If your are looking for a one-stop track performance package for your C5/C6 Corvette, the Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 "Johnny Black" package contains the exact parts you need.

The limited edition Pfadt Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 package includes:

Pfadt C6 Z06 Adjustable Coil Overs
Pfadt C6 Z06 Race Sway Bars - Light Rate

Following up on the wildly successful Stage 1 package, Johnny is back and this time he has developed a specific package for customers who hit the track often! Johnny tailored this package with unique track-based coilover valving coupled with spring rates and sway bars that you can easily drive on the street. The Stage 2 Johnny Black package picks up right where the Stage 1 left off and moves to a fully adjustable coilover system and fully adjustable front and rear Light Rate race sway bars. This JOC Stage 2 isn't just a pretty face, for track use the revised damping will absolutely make a difference in composure and reflexes of the car.

This package was engineered to the specifications you have come to expect from a Johnny O'Connell Signature Suspension: reliable hi-performance operation day-in and day-out with no additional parts necessary to meet your goals. Open the box, install the parts, get an alignment and then see the seconds come off of your laptimes! No need to mix and match parts, this package is designed to work together so you don't have to be a race engineer to get the car set up correctly. Instead, you can feel confident in knowing that your car's suspension was tuned by legendary Corvette Racing driver Johnny O'Connell right out of the box, and no further parts are needed for the proper track set-up. You only need to follow Johnny's recommended starting points or adjust for your desired outcome as-needed!

The Johnny O'Connell Coilovers feature spring rates (460 lbs/in front, 600 lbs/in rear) that are stiffer than the factory leaf springs but nowhere near harsh for street use. This is tailored to Corvette drivers who not only track their car, but also drive it on the street frequently for fun. This is the spring package that Johnny identified as the perfect dual-use street/track set up to increase cornering grip without sacrificing ride quality on the street. This means you can drive to your track days comfortably, then dial things in for added performance on the track, and revert to the street configuration for your ride back

When upgrading any suspension set up, the most important result is that the shocks and sways work well together out of the box AND provide the driver with basic tuning tools to dial in the perfect set up for the car. This is accomplished by paring Johnny's coilovers and the Light Rate racing sway bars with a "Johnny-Black Edition" touch. During our test days, Johnny test drove a number of configurations of sway bars to get the balance dialed in for track performance without being overkill for street use. What he settled on was settings which fell within the range of our Light Rate Racing sway bars and this is outlined in our recommended set-up instructions. If your setup requires fine-tuning, it is easily done via the front and rear 3-point adjustable sway bar arms and included adjustable endlinks which allow for half-step adjustments. At the end of the day, these sway bars coupled with coilovers provide an incredible amount of grip for your Corvette, and give you a proper balance for consistent and predictable handling on and off the track.

This package is a pure bolt-on performance solution that takes the guesswork out of selecting the proper parts for trimming seconds off of your laptimes. After setting your ride height to Johnny's recommendation, all that is needed is an alignment to ensure optimum performance. If needed, you can install the optional Pfadt C6 Z06 Camber Kit if you need to make quick and repeatable alignment adjustments at the track or need to eliminate any slipping from the factory lower control arm alignment bolts.

This will be a limited edition production with only 25 kits being produced. Be sure to contact us for pricing and availability, because once these are gone they will not likely make a return!

Take advantage of legendary Corvette racer Johnny O'Connell's intimate knowledge of the chassis and proper set up, and install his track-specific parts built by Pfadt!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

My car and I are saying: "yes, please!
My bank account is saying "no, dont't do it!

Awesome!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
My car and I are saying: "yes, please!
My bank account is saying "no, dont't do it!

Awesome!
Well someone has to be the devil on your shoulder telling you to go faster!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:23 PM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

will this fit on a C5Z06?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I wish this was going to be more than a limited production run!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by bsalie99
Absolutely

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories...ellstage2.html

Peace
Chip

Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bsalie99
These will definitely bolt right up to a C5Z with no modification or drilling to the chassis necessary!

Originally Posted by stevensa
I wish this was going to be more than a limited production run!
If there is a huge demand that may change, but as of right now only 25 kits are planned for production.

We will have these complete kits available towards the end of this week. If you have any questions you can either give us a call at 1-888-972-2464 or info@pfadtracing.com and we can get any questions answered!

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 09-04-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Johnny O@PfadtRacing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I might add, the stage two allows for more adjustability. I had been concerned about doing coil overs, as being honest, I had never driven any that even came close to being what I would want and expect. In speaking with Aaron about this, I can't tell you how pleased I am at the final product. I would certainly not just consider it as being for the track, as a lot of compliance is built into it for everyday driving, which is something I really wanted in the package. But when you want to push the limits on the track, well just like stage one you have a system that is progressive, gives great feel, and should be easy to drive hard.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

We have these kits in stock and ready to ship! Give us a call at 1-888-972-2464 if you have any questions about the JOC Stage 2 or any other Pfadt Race Engineering products!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Can I trade in my Stage one kit?

Which I am quite happy with, it was nice to run down a GT3 and 911 Turbo in the Instructor group (on street tires no less).

And then drive home in a raging thunder storm in total comfort.

A few times I wished the spring rate was a bit heavier and I bet R comps would be better suited to the coilovers.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gfacter
Can I trade in my Stage one kit?

Which I am quite happy with, it was nice to run down a GT3 and 911 Turbo in the Instructor group (on street tires no less).

And then drive home in a raging thunder storm in total comfort.

A few times I wished the spring rate was a bit heavier and I bet R comps would be better suited to the coilovers.

It's great that you're having such a good time with your JO Stage 1, and it sounds like you're awfully fast out there already.

You definitely will want more spring rate under the car when you move to race tires. With the grip level generated by an R Comp the factory springs will likely not provide enough platform to keep the car off the bump stops. We would definitely recommend getting more spring under the car via coilovers as a great first step for track use.

The JO Stage 2 just happens to work extremely well since it was tuned to work together as a package!

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Race Engineering announces Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 Suspension Package

Quick Reply: Pfadt Race Engineering announces Johnny O'Connell Stage 2 Suspension Package