Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for dimensions, specs, templates, & info: front&rear diffusers C6 fitmentt

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Looking for dimensions, specs, templates, & info: front&rear diffusers C6 fitmentt

also tied to this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...r-removed.html

btw if this works out the way Im hoping it will, I'll post up as much info as possible to help others build their own. I feel like good undercar aero is something that vettes dont get enough attention with (im speaking aftermarket wise - we have maybe 2 companies invested in this field - bpp and i think supervettes) in comparison to other sports cars.

thank you VERY much!

-------------------------------------------

thread referenced at top:
Title: Looking for pictures of a C6 with the rear valence/diffuser (the lower bumper)removed

Text:As the title explains Im looking for pics of this. Im going to build a front and rear diffuser and then flat undertray for the rest of the chassis. Im torn as to whether I want to remove the valence in the rear or make the rear diffuser fit the valence...

For those that are interested: the valence closes air from the fenderwells off (which is good) but then near the exhaust it is open and acts like a parachute. Also the valence section limits the size of the diffuser and poses the issue of color matching the black plastic to the black paint that will go over the composite piece. So while I could make a smaller diffuser for the center of the valence, the removal of the valence could allow a much larger diffuser along with the potential for something more aesthetically pleasing (if there isnt some ugly crap sticking out the back) - hence the reason why Im looking for pictures!

thanks!

Quick Reply: Looking for dimensions, specs, templates, & info: front&rear diffusers C6 fitmentt