Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It keeps getting better...ALMS will be at CotA in 2013!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Default It keeps getting better...ALMS will be at CotA in 2013!

Just announced today...coming spring 2013!

Most of us locals figured it was coming...John Paul Dejoria of Paul Mitchell Haircare & Patron Spirits (series sponsor for ALMS) signed on as a CotA investor a few months back...

He lives here in Austin...

So, it's official now...

Some really GREAT racing is gonna be coming to town...I can't WAIT!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
nrt69
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted this yesterday and there were no replies?!

I cant wait to see corvetteracing in my home state. Sebring, Road America, and Laguna Seca can be kind of expensive to travel to. Glad i now only have to travel 3 hrs to see a ALMS race!

My only worry is there wont be a good way to watch the race from your own truck or camper like to you can at the tracks listed above. Ive emailed COTA about this a dozen times.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Originally Posted by nrt69
I posted this yesterday and there were no replies?!

I cant wait to see corvetteracing in my home state. Sebring, Road America, and Laguna Seca can be kind of expensive to travel to. Glad i now only have to travel 3 hrs to see a ALMS race!

My only worry is there wont be a good way to watch the race from your own truck or camper like to you can at the tracks listed above. Ive emailed COTA about this a dozen times.
I posted it on Friday when they announced it...probably why nobody said anything in yours.

I'm in the top ten for RV spots ...but it's looking like they are going to do PSL's on them as well. I don't think I want to know what it's going to cost for that

I've sent emails, posted on their FaceBook page...still nothing back except for the emails I got early last year from them about it.

Still...it is a good investment. I can sell the slot to someone else if I choose not to go to a race, and it can be used for the concerts as well so I could just go to the bus and sleep instead of a long wait getting out PLUS the 1 hour drive home.

I'm <50 miles away from the track...it could be my downfall by spending money to attend events vs. watching them on TV.

Last edited by 1991Z07; 06-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
nrt69
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what RV spots? how much are they? the one reply i got back last month said they might offer them.

have you heard if they will allow parking along the track fenceline?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:21 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

what RV spots? how much are they? the one reply i got back last month said they might offer them.

From the plans:

I think it's 76 spots along the back straight between T11 & T12.

You can see the work done for them already in this picture...at least that's what it appears to be just beyond the track surface to the right where it is already graded.

I've also seen a parking area west of this spot (near the upper area of this collage) that has RV Parking on it...not next to the track but 5 minutes away walking. I'd guess it was at least another 50-75 spots there.

Directly across from there inside the track is the large parking area for the media trucks (also to be used as the driver training lot for the police/fire departments)...I'm guessing any non-F1 event will have that available as well.

F1 won't allow camping inside the track...I think Bernie feels it's low class, even though I've parked next to rigs at tracks worth more than $1.5 MILLION.

The pink coming into the infield is the 2nd tunnel into the track.

Bottom of the plans is T12...should be the fastest spot on the course. Cars should be cracking 180 MPH in front of the RV's right before the turn.

As for how much? Who knows...infield PSL's for TMS range from $1,500->$5k, PLUS the annual season camping fee of $1,750, plus cost of tickets per event. Since they seem to be going with that model...I'd guess it will be close to the same.

Last edited by 1991Z07; 06-03-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They still haven't figured out what they are going to do regarding RVs.

Get notified of new replies

To It keeps getting better...ALMS will be at CotA in 2013!

Quick Reply: It keeps getting better...ALMS will be at CotA in 2013!