Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambients at 95 F at TWS this weekend

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Ambients at 95 F at TWS this weekend

for the HPDE this weekend in College Station, TX - double run sessions too (50 plus minutes). I'm a bit anxious...saw 300 F + last time out in early May.
I hate having to breath the thing solely to keep oil temps down.
Weather map shows lots of high temps across the country..summer has definitely arrived i I just refilled with M115w50 this time, thinking that may help protect the motor in these extremes.

Last edited by C5ZEE06; 06-01-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:19 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may help protect the motor but it won't get your temps down. I was running in mid 80s ambients a couple weeks ago and creeped up to 286 and had to run a couple cool down laps before getting back on it.

A big *** oil cooler is in my future for sure. I've got a Ron Davis radiator and coolant temps stay below 220.

Jay
Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by C5ZEE06
for the HPDE this weekend in College Station, TX - double run sessions too (50 plus minutes). I'm a bit anxious...saw 300 F + last time out in early May.
I hate having to breath the thing solely to keep oil temps down.
Weather map shows lots of high temps across the country..summer has definitely arrived i I just refilled with M115w50 this time, thinking that may help protect the motor in these extremes.
Do you frequent the track? Im sure we have ran into each other at one time or another.

As for the temps, I was at the event at TWS last August when we tied the record for 109 degree ambient temps outside. I have a c5z also with a DRM/Ron Davis Radiator with built-in oil cooler setup. On that day my coolant temp did not exceed 194 and my oil temp was a max of 257 running about 245-250 on average. I was running Amsoil 5w-30 signature series at the time. This was also the event where they ran NASCAR turns 3 and 4 so the car was definitely getting a workout.

The DRM setup is definitely a good investment IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To Ambients at 95 F at TWS this weekend

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ambients at 95 F at TWS this weekend