Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Penske 7100 for C5Z06 trackday car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 PM
lordvader1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penske 7100 for C5Z06 trackday car

Hello Friends:

Im new at this forum though I have visited it many times. Have a 2003 C5Z06 since last year which I plan to use for trackdays. First mod was a racing seat and 6 point seat belts. Now I can drive it without slipping out of the leather seat and stock belt.

My first driving impression with the original sesat was that ride was rather soft for a sports quasi race car. With the seat I could improve the control of the car specially the rear end. Now I have some budget to buy a set of coilovers and found the Penske 7100 as an atractive proposal but my problem is that Im lost on the spring/valving to choose . In the past I have had some small track cars, a trackday Camaro 71, a 97 4gen Camaro both with Yellow Konis and Ground Control coilover sets and 700/300 spring rates, but for the Z06 I guess a more equal spring rate would be mandatory because the 50/50 weight distribution ( I suppose ) and the valving maybe could choose around #6 front jounce, #5 rebound in front and #4 jounce, #3 rebound rear, together with the T1 sway bar combination.

I have the impression that the common springs dont allow the Independent suspension to work properly. Maybe am wrong.

Please help me because in all truth Im lost with this car chassis. Any comment will be most welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by lordvader1; 05-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:56 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO contact Gary Hoffman, forum vendor. He can help you with regards to your spring rate questions

Quick Reply: Penske 7100 for C5Z06 trackday car