Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Gingerman June 9th, 10th

Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NASA Gingerman June 9th, 10th

Anyone going? I am registered in ST2.... Haven't raced there for 9 years or so!

I called the track and there is a test day on Friday for those interested. I believe the cost is $175.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
triple_s1x
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pending no more random issues pop up with the car, i'll be there.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Race cars are all about random issues!

Some interesting news, we will be running the track counter clockwise! First race club to do that apparently! I suggested we run one direction one day and another direction the next... How cool would that be???
Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to attend this event, though I've never been to a NASA event. What's the difference between this and a regular HPDE day like we do with 3Balls Racing (whom I've run with all over the MI region for the past four years)? Been to Gingerman many times.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The difference is that there will be a LOT more going on. In between your HPDE sessions there will be qualifying, time trials, and races to watch, and a lot more people and cars to meet (and drink beer with).

There's a lot of cool people to meet and a lot to do/see, but in general you won't get as much track time as a 3balls event and there will probably be more people on track in each session.

This was from the NASA weekend in 2010:

Old 05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Armycop
I'd like to attend this event, though I've never been to a NASA event. What's the difference between this and a regular HPDE day like we do with 3Balls Racing (whom I've run with all over the MI region for the past four years)? Been to Gingerman many times.
This is the next step after track days... Really depends on what you want to do with this whole tracking/racing stuff.

If all you want is to just hang out and get as many laps as you can in a given weekend, stick with the track days. If you are at all interested in competition and want to see how you stack up against other drivers, then for sure NASA is a great place to do that at. Competition, will push your driving skills further too.. You can start doing time trials with your current car and if you're dumb enough (like me and many others) you can make the foolish decision to start racing wheel to wheel. For me, track days are just for testing for actual races and I get bored very quickly (I get bored racing if I'm not battling the whole time)... Some of my good friends could care less about competition and are fine with track days. I have heard great thing about 3balls and heard the events are a lot of fun. For the most part I have enjoyed running races with NASA and do like all different, street, track and race cars in the paddock... If nothing else, maybe don't run, but just come hang out and check it out. Of course, once you get there, you'll wish that you were running.

just be careful, like marijuana, track days are a bit of a gateway drug.. going further, is more expensive and alters your sense of reality quickly... lol
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
This is the next step after track days...

just be careful, like marijuana, track days are a bit of a gateway drug.. going further, is more expensive and alters your sense of reality quickly... lol
Amen to that! I don't have the time, money or need to step up to W2W right now...hell, I get that runnin' with the 3Balls boys (right, scooter?)

Thanks for the heads up tho, it's what I was looking for.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Will miss Gingerman

Car is on its way to Danny Popp to get full aero pkg. Maybe I can keep up with the pack once I have some downforce. Hope to have it back in time for the NCM event at VIR at the end of June.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 PM
JEPopp
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I hope to be there in HPDE 1/2 again, as I was at Autobahn, but this time with better brake pads that will get me through the entire weekend!

Clubracer6 - Great meeting you last time!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JEPopp
I hope to be there in HPDE 1/2 again, as I was at Autobahn, but this time with better brake pads that will get me through the entire weekend!

Clubracer6 - Great meeting you last time!
Cool, it was great to meet you as well, see you next week.

Looks like we are running clockwise after all, although we will get to vote on which configuration we can run on Sunday. Running the longer course on Saturday.

Entry list so far:
http://www.nasamidwest.com/season/?page=EntryList

Get notified of new replies

To NASA Gingerman June 9th, 10th

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NASA Gingerman June 9th, 10th