Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help trans z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:22 PM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need some help trans z06

Hey guys,, i have a 2006 c6 and a good buddy of mine gave me a z06 trans and rear end that he had taken out of his 09 zo6, he like drag racing and has a big turbo motor and just changed to automatic setup..

here is my problem i was looking over the trans and found that i can not turn the input shaft but i can turn the output side with ease.. i have selected gears and it locks out but when in neutral the output is pretty much free..if i giggle the rear shaft i can feel the input move very slight back in forth .. this gear box had been upgraded with some internal goodies ( not sure with what) and has only had some dyno pulls before they decided to upgrade the car to automatic..

i have removed the back section of the trans to see if anything looks out of whack but it like new inside as far as i can see.. just that input shaft is not moving...

Any suggestions?

regards...Manny
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts

Help help

Quick Reply: need some help trans z06