Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good all around tire for C5 Z06 ?

Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good all around tire for C5 Z06 ?

I am in need of new tires and since I plan on attending an HDPE event or two this year I figure it'll be a good idea to plan wisely when picking my tires. Since I don't go to the track often I would like to just get one tire that performs well in the dry but is also good enough to be left on if it rains.

What tire and sizes do you guys recommend?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Wide Ovals. They are amazing in rain and do well at the track as a street tire. They don't cup out on the edges as some tires will. Not too bad as an autocross tire, either.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_son
Wide Ovals. They are amazing in rain and do well at the track as a street tire. They don't cup out on the edges as some tires will. Not too bad as an autocross tire, either.
I went on Tirerack to check the tires out but I couldn't find a set in C5Z06 sizes. Maybe I was looking at the wrong model. Which wide ovals come in C5Z06 sizing?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 24hr Z06
I went on Tirerack to check the tires out but I couldn't find a set in C5Z06 sizes. Maybe I was looking at the wrong model. Which wide ovals come in C5Z06 sizing?
None. When they came out with the new model, they left out the C5Z sizes.

If you're really looking for something that works in the rain also, the Continentals are good,

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....remeContact+DW

Dave G.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

^I agree. I use a set of those Continentals as my street tires and rain tires for the track. Very impressed with them. They are fantastic in the rain, perfect on the street and surprsingly good on a dry track (I've done 3 or 4 dry sessions with them and they seem to be holding up pretty well).
Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

I didn't know that WO had dropped our sizes. But, as a caution on Contis, be aware that Continental believes they make no bad tires, they accept no returns. If you need one adjusted then the dealer must eat it. Therefore, continentals seem to be hard to find. Been there, done that (at least in north Alabama and Tennessee).

Get notified of new replies

To Good all around tire for C5 Z06 ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good all around tire for C5 Z06 ?