Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone thinking about buying the Pfadt JOC stage 1 kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone thinking about buying the Pfadt JOC stage 1 kit?

I have been thinking about going this route. If anyone else is thinking the same thing, maybe we can talk to Pfadt about a group buy??
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shifter6
I have been thinking about going this route. If anyone else is thinking the same thing, maybe we can talk to Pfadt about a group buy??
Wow they did a Gb late last year, seemed to have good feedback. I guess I am alone in my interest...
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Nope
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
Nope
Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought my kit on the JOC group buy and am very happy with it. I have a review of it posted elsewhere. I would call Pfadt and see if they are planning on doing it again in the near future. I was lucky and saved 20% on the last group buy. Very nice product.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
I bought my kit on the JOC group buy and am very happy with it. I have a review of it posted elsewhere. I would call Pfadt and see if they are planning on doing it again in the near future. I was lucky and saved 20% on the last group buy. Very nice product.
I got the sway bars on that GB as well. I like them a lot. I won't be able to quantify the improvement in laptimes until I get back to Grattan in July but at GingerMan earlier this month the car was very balanced and rotated very well with a little throttle application.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevensa
How do you like the ride on the street?

Do the shocks help the chassis stay glued to the road? Do they get rid of that floaty feel when you start to move fast?

Thanks for the info, I did read your review.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
red1vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the JOC package on my Z, sways and shocks. The car is far more balanced on the track and on the street--much more firm. I only track the car a few times a year and i had my first track event at Putnam a month ago and it was very balanced around the track.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Do the shocks help the chassis stay glued to the road? Do they get rid of that floaty feel when you start to move fast?

Between my racing seat, bushings, and the JOC kit the car is a bit harsh on the street but is still definitely daily driveable.

The shocks and sway bars work extremely well together. The car is very stable and is very controllable and progressive when going through transitions from left to right hand turns. It is also a good bit more stable in braking.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

It seems like everyone that wants it, already has the kit...I guess no GB.

Who has the best price?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
V4kerker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shifter6 I have a base C6 with the JOC stage 1 and I just did my first HPDE with it. It didn't dawn on me until I read this post, but yes that floaty feeling the base C6 gets at high speeds isn't there anymore with the JOC stage 1 kit I still have the base springs on my C6 also.

Hope you can find yourself a deal on the kit. If you can't get a group buy call some of the forum vendors. I got mine from ECS this year while they had some specials going on.

Last edited by V4kerker; 05-01-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by V4kerker
Shifter6 I have a base C6 with the JOC stage 1 and I just did my first HPDE with it. It didn't dawn on me until I read this post, but yes that floaty feeling the base C6 gets at high speeds isn't there anymore with the JOC stage 1 kit I still have the base springs on my C6 also.

Hope you can find yourself a deal on the kit. If you can't get a group buy call some of the forum vendors. I got mine from ECS this year while they had some specials going on.
Are you still on the GYs?

I have a set of Z51 springs I will use with the JOC kit, which will help but not with my main complaints with the base suspension:

The inability of the stock suspension to keep the body glued to the road. Once pushing the car, the body moves around way too much causing an unsettled feeling, like the car is going to leave the ground.

The inability of the stock suspension to keep the tires in contact with the road when going over bumped, rippled, uneven or anything other than flat pavement. The usual result is the rear end skipping over broken pavement causing a loose feel.

How do you think the JOC kit adressed the above issues?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
V4kerker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shifter6 the JOC stage 1 kit is 100% better than the base suspension. The front end doesn't push nowhere as much as with the base suspension. Also when sawing the wheel in a turn the car feels like it doesn't roll around as much. What I like most is I feel more confident with the car at speed in a fast strait and high speed turn even if I make a bad steering/throttle change.I also have a better feel for what the tires are doing.

I'm running FS wide ovals RFT they have over 20K on them with 4 test and tune session at the drag strip and 18 HPDE1 20-30 minutes sessions. This last weekend at HPDE the tire pressures increased from 7-8psig. I've done 3 HPDE1 in the rain also and I thought they had good wet grip. I'm going to most likely get another set but Non RFT I'm not ready for R spec tires yet. I'm trying to improve my driving skills.
My car had over 44K on it when I upgraded my suspension so any thing new was going to be better.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Shifter let me know if you get a GB, I am looking at them also
Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

No GB thus far. Try calling Jordan at JDP Motorsports.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Z06TWT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I want in . Just bought my "new" 2002 Z06 which is lowered 1inch on stock bolts. I have some slight mods, CAI, Borla,track tune,etc. I am doing my first HPDE at Road Atlanta this month. I have driven a stock C5Z at RA before and this sounds like a good fix for the front end float.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Boy Scout
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfadt Stage One

With a lot mods done on 11 C6,Stage One is the best money spent for the fun factor.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

I ended up going with the JOC and I am pleased. Without some sort of adaptable dynamic suspension (F55 but more aggressive) I cannot image a better balance being struck between ride and handling. Any more aggressive would be too much for the street, any less would be too much compliance for the track.

Every time I drive the car, I am continually impressed.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the fantastic feedback guys! We really do love the JO Stage 1 package!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone thinking about buying the Pfadt JOC stage 1 kit?

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about buying the Pfadt JOC stage 1 kit?