Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I know why my brakes weren't working right

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Now I know why my brakes weren't working right

Normally I never have braking issues. Pedal is always hard, consistent and XP12s on ss piston with ATE never fail to make it thru the 30 min. But first session at Rd Atl, I could tell they didn't feel right. So after driving thru the grass between 10A and 10B, I flushed the whole system with a new can of ATE even though I only had one track event on fluid. Not any better so just backed my speeds down on the straights. When I was switching my pads and rotors back to my dd set up, I found this on the inside of my rr caliper:

[IMG][/IMG]

I guess it slipped when I was installing it. Just no way to tell it was messed up. Brakes seem to be back to normal now so I hope it didn't damage caliper/piston.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Looks like one end hung up as the piston continued to push the rest of the pad, you would not have felt much at full pad thickness. Ck the caliper slide area thoroughly for rough spot, etc...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Now I know why my brakes weren't working right