Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First event with NASA in TTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default First event with NASA in TTS

Was at Autobahn this weekend for my first time in TTS and had a great time. A lot differant than the HPDE's I did all last year. Started off on Sat. beng very careful and was running slow with a 1:42 on the south course. On Sun I was more comfortable with the car and the other cars and was able to post a 1:35.2 which I was happy with. As I get more time in the new car I think I will be able to get much quicker !
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear. Running TTs is a huge step up from HPDE. It's great fun to run against the clock and have something to measure.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work John... with more seat time, you'll be very quick in that car. TT is totally different than HPDE. Competing like that will only make you better.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
GAS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John,

It was great to meet you this weekend. Both you and the car did a great job and it is neat to see you pushin the limits a bit! Spread the word on what a GREAT TIME NASA is and the fun you had. You have to admit....not ONLY did you get plenty of great time on track you were able to watch some GREAT racing action when you were not on track. The Lightning and Thunder races had some REALLY GREAT action on both Saturday and Sunday. Go Alex and Rory in ST2! How about the winged wonder of Jim McKammey's??? For you folks that haven't seen McKammeys car (he is an autocross legend) you should see the thing corner. It is amazing! He ran a 1:29 and change on Sunday AUTOBAHN South course in an ST2 powered vette! For the record.......that is SMOKIN! C ya soon John!

Geff
Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Originally Posted by GAS
Hey John,

It was great to meet you this weekend. Both you and the car did a great job and it is neat to see you pushin the limits a bit! Spread the word on what a GREAT TIME NASA is and the fun you had. You have to admit....not ONLY did you get plenty of great time on track you were able to watch some GREAT racing action when you were not on track. The Lightning and Thunder races had some REALLY GREAT action on both Saturday and Sunday. Go Alex and Rory in ST2! How about the winged wonder of Jim McKammey's??? For you folks that haven't seen McKammeys car (he is an autocross legend) you should see the thing corner. It is amazing! He ran a 1:29 and change on Sunday AUTOBAHN South course in an ST2 powered vette! For the record.......that is SMOKIN! C ya soon John!

Geff
I get to see Jim run a lot with 10/10ths at Putnam and your are right that aero makes his car stick like glue. When I see him in my mirror I just pull over and get out of the way. Thanks for helping me with my first NASA Time Trail event and I hope I didn't ask to many dumb questions. Next event I will be much better prepared. For those who have not looked into it the NASA ladder system is a GREAT way to get into Time Trails or WTW. I started out last year in HPDE 1 and worked hard to get to do Time Trails this year. It will make you a much better driver.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
fastrash
Instructor

Nice work John - congrats !!

No doubt in my mind you will keep gettin faster - maybe see you at Putnam
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Originally Posted by fastrash
Nice work John - congrats !!

No doubt in my mind you will keep gettin faster - maybe see you at Putnam
On my schedule !!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
jawfixer
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnAlley
On my schedule !!!
John
Nice job at Autobahn. You are just up the road from me from Marion. Will see you at Putnam if knee gets better.

Get notified of new replies

To First event with NASA in TTS

Quick Reply: First event with NASA in TTS