Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my new track wheels/tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Ordered my new track wheels/tires

I contacted Alex at The Speed Depot. I purchased the TSW Nurburgring Gunmetal (machined face). I am having them covered with Continental DW. 275/35/18 front and 285/35/19. Alex was very helpful in discussing wheel/tire size options and was always professional.

I considered a square setup to allow for tire rotation but decided against it. My car is a DD/Track car. I currently have Pfadt coilovers and running and 18/19 CCW staggered setup. I didn't want to deal with resetting the ride height everytime I change the tires for track use.

With the front tires only 10mm narrower the rears, will it tend to understeer?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Those are cool wheels! I am curious though, if you change tires before events why did you put a full street tire on the track wheels?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
Those are cool wheels! I am curious though, if you change tires before events why did you put a full street tire on the track wheels?
Thank you. I plan on driving the ~25 mi. to the track with these TSW's. By "street tires" I assume you mean non-R comp. I put these on because I am a novice driver. My driving instructor told to buy a >200 traction/treadwear rating so I could feel the edge of traction to learn where it was. He said my current Hankook Ventus Rs3 tires are lying to me by being quite cuz I'm not that good of a driver yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered my new track wheels/tires

Quick Reply: Ordered my new track wheels/tires