Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about a TriLite Bearing Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about a TriLite Bearing Install

Just checking before I put everything back together to see if any thing looks wrong?
Mainly I'm concerned that it is indexed correctly.
Do the AN lines routing look like it will work?

Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you should drill holes in the adapter plate to lighten it up!

the last few I have done I have used danny's lines, they are kinked at the base (120 degree maybe?) and use the OEM slots for routing. is it tight with 2 going through the same hole? maybe some rubber sleeve to prevent chaffing?

otherwise looks good. I've done several and every time I forget that 10mm OEM bolt that's under the right side leg has to be in place before you bolt the adapter plate to the legs Do-over!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drivinhard
you should drill holes in the adapter plate to lighten it up!

the last few I have done I have used danny's lines, they are kinked at the base (120 degree maybe?) and use the OEM slots for routing. is it tight with 2 going through the same hole? maybe some rubber sleeve to prevent chaffing?

otherwise looks good. I've done several and every time I forget that 10mm OEM bolt that's under the right side leg has to be in place before you bolt the adapter plate to the legs Do-over!

Hmmmmm....didn't think about that. Maybe I'll take it off and do that Mind you it doesn't matter now, cars illegal unless I want to run STR2.

That hole is bigger than the other and they fit with lots of room to spare. I was thinking of getting another hose with a 90 and cross them.

I had the tri-lite on and then went to put the bolts in and it was........what the heck? I thought I did something wrong
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

I know nothing about this particular set-up. This may seem obvious and elemental but regardless of what part vendors say about building to OEM set-up heights...MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE. Don't trust anything. I don't have to tell you how I know that.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about a TriLite Bearing Install

Quick Reply: Question about a TriLite Bearing Install