Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex 24 better than i ever imagined...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolex 24 better than i ever imagined...

fun meeting all you guys.....gave out over a hundred buisness cards, only one guy all weekend long refused one. everyone was stunned by my project the docs at halifax medical in the infeild went nuts!!! met grand am officials, all the teams, some safteyworkers and most of the vendors, assoc publisher of grassroots magazine some guys from the speed chanel and got the email adress of a uberfamous NASCAR guy...
I only expect a few to get ahold of me but if those few are the right ones it could be huge!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Hi George

Great to meet you Friday night at our get-together!!

Glad you made some good contacts - best o'luck with your Hadley Harness (sort of a HANS device for children's car seats, for those that are wondering what George is excited about!).

Bob
Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Just didn't want to get in trouble for advertising but I guess its not for sale yet. hadleyharness.com
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

And, oh yeah, the race was FANTASTIC!!!

It was too bad the #10 DP Corvette dropped out so early, and the #46 C6 dropped out along the way, but the 4 other Corvette DP cars made it the whole 24 hours - and that's an accomplishment in itself!!

The weather was fantastic and there were no big accidents, but there was a lot of really good racing action.

If anybody hasn't ever been, it's a race that is well worth trying to come to see some day.

If you do come, get a garage pass - its really cool wandering around the garage areas before the race and watching all the last minute preparations going on Saturday morning.

I usually only go for the 24 hour race and get Saturday/Sunday tickets. But this year we went on Friday while some last minute practicing and qualifying went on, and then the 200 mile GT race ran Friday afternoon, and I won't be missing that in the future - it was really good racing!!!

And....we had a great get-together Friday evening with about 25 of us. Unfortunately Todd Z and the GT Tire guys got called back to the track after getting to the restaurant - I hope you guys got some good deals on some scrubs!!!

Overall - an outstanding race weekend!!!

Bob
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BEZ06
And, oh yeah, the race was FANTASTIC!!!

The weather was fantastic and there were no big accidents, but there was a lot of really good racing action.

If you do come, get a garage pass - its really cool wandering around the garage areas before the race and watching all the last minute preparations going on Saturday morning.

And....we had a great get-together Friday evening with about 25 of us. Unfortunately Todd Z and the GT Tire guys got called back to the track after getting to the restaurant - I hope you guys got some good deals on some scrubs!!!

Overall - an outstanding race weekend!!!

Bob
My coworkers and I had a great time, racing was good, food was good, comradery was excellent
Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
sspeed30043
Racer

Had planned on coming Friday, but I ended up buying a 2008 Vette
that came up for auction on Friday, I was watching the thing and sure enough it comes up the day I'm leaving.....

But I walked so much my darn legs swelled up and by Sunday noonish
I couldnt walk anymore.... I think it was because I switched shoes...
Today I'm fine and I'm wearing my other shoes....

I saw alot of Corvette shirts but never asked if any were from the Corvette forum..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

a truly unforgetable experience....tok a vid of just a few cars at the start and the goosebumps on my arm the noise was incredable!!! those cars really scream...amasing the speed compared to watching de's..those cars really got up off the corners!!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

amasing to me to how they slid through all the corners you dont get a feel for that on tv!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 AM
pewterhdtop
Burning Brakes

Was fantastic, too bad I was not able to make the Friday get together, arrived at the Orlando airport at about 6:30 Friday evening and just went straight to my hotel in Titusville. The racing was fantastic and walked over 50,000 steps over the 2 days!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

...Another item for the bucket list
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TKOGTO
...Another item for the bucket list
get a garage pass only time till someoene gets killed and you cant any more
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
get a garage pass only time till someoene gets killed and you cant any more
They have been giving garage passes in racing forever. Could someday be a problem, but most the organizations have managing it down to a science.

Racing is a dangerous sport by nature, even for the fans.

Get notified of new replies

To Rolex 24 better than i ever imagined...

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 better than i ever imagined...